Compensation for Our Favorite Summer Family Fun Activities was provided by Nestle Pure Life via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nestle Pure Life.
When it comes to summer, I love to spend as much time together as a family as we can. My kids love to get outside and while our swing set and water table are huge hits, I like to get creative when we can. So we break out our favorite summer family fun activities and the camera to capture them each year. It’s fun to see what each child likes best each summer!
Our Favorite Summer Family Fun Activities
I’m sure every family has their favorite summer activities but I love getting new ideas for my family. So here are some of the things we love to do!
- We love to cool off together by making your own easy homemade ice pops! With just a few ingredients the whole family can cool off together and enjoy a tasty treat!
- For another tasty summer snack, turn your next watermelon into a watermelon pizza! It’s an easy, family-friendly snack that’s healthy too!
- Break out the water balloons and spend the afternoon together in the backyard with these fun water balloon games!
- I know I’ve shared it before, but making our own DIY Sidewalk Paint is one of our absolute favorite things to do! And Weston loves to get out the hose when we’re done and wash off the driveway! It’s a great way to spend an afternoon together!
- Anything that has to do with ice seems to be a hit with my kids! And as parents we love watching them explore the world of ice while they keep cool. Recently we tried excavating dinosaurs from ice!
- Weston also loves anything to do with boats right now. I think it’s because summer seems to be all about water. So making soap boats and racing them is a fun activity for all of us to do together!
- Carrigan’s favorite these days also has to do with a creative take on ice with very messy watercolor painting!
- And we always love to get out the bubbles! Whether it’s our bubble making machine or painting with bubbles, we love it all!
I’ve found that some of the simplest activities are the ones that end up being our favorites. And when we’re spending a lot of time outside in the hot Texas summer weather, staying hydrated is always on my mind. It’s important to keep every member of the family hydrated (even the dog) so I use a lot of ice pops and small bottles of water for all of us!
By keeping hydration fun, it just becomes part of out activities and I keep everyone healthy through the summer heat!
12 Steps to Quality. It’s not just our process, it’s our promise.
Tell me about your family’s favorite thing to do during the summer months!