5 Musts for a Pet Safe Backyard is sponsored by Purina and is 100% my own opinions.
2016 is here and we all have resolutions. But do you have any for your pets? Purina is encouraging us all to think of our pets this year! With Sebastian around, figuring out our Purina Pet Pledge for this year was pretty easy! He loves to explore the backyard so we’re on a missing to have a pet safe backyard!
5 Musts for a Pet Safe Backyard
We had a recent scare with our little pup. Roaming in our large backyard is like discovering a whole new world every day for him. He loves to pick up every stick, leaf and pine cone and bring them inside to show us. Not everything is safe for him so here is what we’re doing to keep him safe while he explores!
- Fence check – check for holes, make sure it is tall enough, and make sure no one is trying to dig underneath!
- Plant check – make sure all the plants in your yard are safe for your pets. Here are a few that are not:
- Sago Palms
- Elephant Ears
- Some mushrooms
- Black walnuts
- Toy check – boredom can cause puppies and older dogs to want to explore the world outside of their borders. So we stocked up on some great toys for him to play with in the yard too!
- Door check – we love our dog door because it’s so convenient but make sure it’s working properly and not going to allow any other outdoor critters in!
- Grass check – keeping your grass neatly mowed and trimmed can help keep down any flea or tick infestations! Getting rid of standing water will reduce mosquitos and check that mulch for pieces that might be dangerous!
Purina Pet Pledge for 2016
My Purina Pet Pledge for 2016 is this:
I pledge to puppy-proof my backyard to keep Sebastian safe and sound.
He recently ate some seeds from a very toxic plant, but thanks to the quick reaction of my sister, we were able to get him to the emergency vet in time. But the treatment was costly and hard on the little guy. All of this is what spurred me to make my pledge to keep him safe in the new year.
You can make a pledge to your pets too!
Pledge Your Love and Play For a Prize!
You can also make your own Pet Pledge for 2016 and win a prize box for your pet. Just visit PureLoveForPets.com and share your pledge. Then play the instant-win game for a chance to win some fun pet prizes like a dog crate, cat tree, or dog and cat prize packs!
You can make your own pledge through Wednesday, February 17. PureLoveForPets.com will also feature information and tips on different Pet Pledges you can make and how to keep them throughout the year.
And be sure to check your Sunday newspaper for Purina coupons!