So we’re huge milkshake fans around here! I blame Carrigan for the renewed love! This year I discovered the amazing combo in this Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake is one of my current favorite drinks and I don’t think we’ll stop making it just because the fall and holiday season has passed!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
When it comes to food, the stretch of November through December is pretty amazing! Just think about all of the amazing savory side dishes and all of the sweets! So many sweets! Yes, I have a sweet tooth! I seem to have passed it on to my kids as well!
This time of year I love all the seasonal hot drinks like peppermint hot cocoa and spiced apple cider. But let’s be honest, we live in South Texas and half the time we’re still wearing shorts on Christmas Day! So milkshakes happen about as often as hot cocoa. In fact there’s a certain peppermint chocolate chip milkshake that I have to have at least a few times!
But we love making our own milkshakes at home. This Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake is easy to make! It does have a few extra steps (probably a bit more than your average milkshake), it’s totally worth it in a noncomplicated way!
What You Need
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 6 Cups milk
- 4 Scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1½ Tbsps brown sugar
- ¼ Cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsps pumpkin puree
- 2 Tsps pumpkin spice
- Chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Peanut butter for the rim of the glass (if desired)
What You Do
- Garnish the inside of the glasses with chocolate syrup and rim them with peanut butter. Then place them in the freezer.
- In a saucepan, mix together the milk, chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice.
- Simmer over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a blender with the ice cream, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Pulse until smooth.
- Take the glasses out of the freezer and pour the milkshake into them.
- Top the glasses with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!