Save Lives with La Roche-Posay
78,000 Canadians will be diagnosed with skin cancer this year. 5,500 of those cases will be melanoma, skin cancer’s deadliest form. I thought I knew a lot of sun facts and safety tips but I recently learned a few new things.
- Skin is damaged after 15 minutes of unprotected exposure to the sun
- A golf ball-sized amount of sunscreen is needed to adequately protect yourself from head to toe
- Melanoma represents 1/3 of all new cancers and is one of the fastest growing cancers worldwide
- One person dies from melanoma every hour in North America
- 7 in 10 women don’t know how to properly apply sunscreen lotion
Get Involved Now!
90% of skin cancers can be cured if detected early enough. You can visit MySkinCheck.ca for tools and resources needed to check for the early signs of skin cancer.
La Roche-Posay is offering the Facebook fans the opportunity to win a gift basket worth $250! You can help someone win by voting for your favorite tips!
You can vote for your favorite stories through July 15th! Stories with the most votes will have the chance to win the grand prize! All stories with 10 or more votes will also have the chance to win one of three mini prize packs from La Roche-Posay. What a perfect way to help others during these hot summer days!
Like La Roche-Posay Canada on Facebook to receive sun tips every week!
How do you stay safe in the sun during the summer?
Formula Mom Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of an ambassador program with La Roche-Posay and PTPA Media. I was compensated for this post. However all experiences and opinions are 100% my own.