This post is sponsored by Asmodee Digital. All opinions are mine. But trust me, the kids (and me!) were thrilled to be able to play Spot It Game Online with Spot It! Duel!
I’m a huge fan of game apps and have my fair share on my phone. My kids are following in my footsteps when it comes to games too! So when we got the opportunity to try the new Spot It! Duel app, we jumped on it!
Play Spot It Game Online with Spot It! Duel
When it comes to entertainment in our house, our phones and tablets are pretty much king. We can all (no matter how young or old) use them for some sort of entertainment whether it’s streaming videos, reading books, or playing games!
I know we’re not unique in this at all. But it’s definitely part of our lives. It feels like the kids are always asking for a new game.
So they were excited to try out Spot It! Duel because they love Spot It! games. A Spot It game online? Perfect mash up of things they like!
How to Play Spot It! Duel
I downloaded the Spot It game app first to check it out before I let Weston get his hands on it. While he loves Spot It games, he can get frustrated easily so I wanted to play first so I could help him in case he ran into any challenges getting started. (I maybe also wanted to play because I like a good puzzle type game. Maybe.)
Spot It! Duel is a lot like the Spot It! card games so if your kids enjoy those, they might enjoy this Spot It game online.
The set up of the Spot It app is simple enough that everyone can play with ease.
Here’s how it works:
- Each player has a disc filled with different symbols.
- Match the symbols on the center disc and they disappear. You earn score points for matches.
- You can also build larger combos to earn even more points.
- Your opponent can match to symbols on your disc while you play! That makes them disappear from your disc!
- Player with the most points wins the game!
It’s that simple.
There are a couple different ways to play. You can play a solo game or play a multiplayer version against someone you know or someone you don’t!
The great thing about having a Spot It game app is that it can be played anywhere and anytime you want to play, for free!
Why We Like Spot It! Duel
After I played for awhile (maybe longer than I will admit), Weston took over the game and then eve Carrigan got involved playing. I love that we were all able to enjoy the game together! Weston is almost seven so he’s able to play on his own without any trouble. At almost four, Carrigan really needed someone to play with her so she didn’t get too frustrated.
Her challenge was just the speed aspect and that she is now starting to understand winning and losing. And she always wants to win. That’s a three-year-old thing though, nothing to do with the game itself!
Our favorite things about being able to play a Spot It game online are:
- We can take Spot It! Duel everywhere we go! So we can play while traveling or waiting at the doctor’s office or at baseball practice! No cards needed to play!
- The app is free to download! My kids always want new games so this is great for me!
- The graphics are fun!
- It’s easy to use so the kids have no trouble playing independently.
- The game is based on the familiar Spot It! game so it’s familiar to the kids.
- Even I found it challenging enough to keep me interested as I moved through the levels!
If you’re looking for more great apps we recommend, check out some of my favorite apps for busy moms!