Summer Vacation Doesn’t Have to End
Although the calendar pages might be turning, heading closer and closer to fall, summer vacation doesn’t have to end! There is still time to fit in some affordable family vacation time. Whether it’s a week at the beach or just a long weekend in a city down the road, you can make some great memories.
A weekend with the family sounds like a great way to gather a few more memories together before school starts again!
Making Summer Vacation Memories
Let me be honest. Our summer vacations were not without a few hiccups. It seemed like at least one person got sick each time we traveled. W got sick when we were spending a long weekend in San Antonio. When we headed to Galveston for a weekend, J got sick and we ended up coming home early. Luckily our trip to Las Vegas went smoothly.
We still managed to make the most of our vacations. One way we did this was by visiting locations that we might not have visited in the past. We did this a lot in Las Vegas. While my mom and I enjoy the lights and fun you can find in that city, we took a trip out to Red Rock Canyon to take in the natural wonders.
Visiting Red Rock Canyon was extremely affordable. For $7 we were able to drive into the park and follow the scenic loop. There were many places to stop and enjoy the views, hike, or rock climb. We happened to have beautiful weather the day we visited as a storm had rolled in the night before and cooled things off.
Based on this incredible experience, I would definitely recommend checking out local parks and other attractions you might not normally consider when visiting certain places. It’s a great way to collect some memories you might not have planned on!
Why Consider Embassy Suites?
This summer has taught me a lot about what works best when traveling with my family. It’s the first time we’ve really taken any vacations with a toddler. Our Embassy Suites experience in downtown Houston helped me realize that there are a few amenities that really make life easier.
- Two room suites are great for little boys who love to spread toy cars out all over the room!
- Cooked to order breakfast saves money during vacation because it’s one less meal to worry about!
- Nightly Manager’s Receptions with complimentary appetizers and beverages can also help save money on food while traveling!
- Great pool area at the downtown Houston location was perfect for spending some down time with the family on a warm summer evening.
Last Minute Summer Vacation Tips
If you’re considering doing a bit more travel before summer is over, Dr. Susan Biali has teamed up with Embassy Suites to help us all maximize any travel we’re doing this summer! Here are my two favorite tips!
- Stay at a hotel with as many amenities as possible. This is my favorite because I’ve come to accept that planning with a toddler is just an activity I do to waste time. He has a mind of his own and when he’s ready to go back to the hotel, it’s time to go! Having amenities at the hotel is a great option!
- Find a balance between activities and relaxation. This is the tip I need to practice more often. When we’re on vacation I like to pack it full of activities. I often return home more exhausted than when I left!
You can learn more about getting the most our of your summer vacation with Embassy Suites by visiting them at: