The past few years we’ve hosted a little party at our house for the Super Bowl. The game usually falls on my birthday or within a few days of it so I usually combine it with a little celebration for me too. That means I’m always on the hunt for Super Bowl Dip Recipes because most dips are easy to make and they are always a huge hit with our friends!
Super Bowl Dip Recipes: Spicy Slow Cooker Queso
J likes his dips to have a bit of a kick so when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared her Spicy Slow Cooker Queso recipe with me I knew I wanted to try it! I usually make a pretty basic queso with cheese, tomatoes, and green chilies but this is definitely a step up! And my husband loved the addition of the ground beef!
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 2-4 pickled jalapeno slices, finely diced
- 32 oz. Velveeta, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
What you do:
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat. Drain if necessary.
- Add jalapenos, water, and taco seasoning. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates.
- Add beef mixture, cheese cubes, and both cans diced tomatoes to your slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cook on LOW for 1-2 hours. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to warm setting during party and stir often.
I love having a big pot fill of queso on hand for any big get together we have so this is a nice recipe to have on hand to change up from my usual queso recipe!
What is your favorite dip to have when watching the game?