Tasty Chicken Tostadas Recipe
J and I love mexican food. We could probably eat it a few times a week if our wallets and waistlines would let us. But going out to eat (or even picking up take out) can get expensive quickly. So I love finding easy mexican recipes to make at home. Anything that gives us the tastes that we love. Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared this tasty chicken tostadas recipe that her son learned to make.
I love the simplicity of tostadas because they allow me to personalize with ease. I love black beans on mine but not everyone in the family likes beans. So it’s easy to make just a few with beans and the rest without like in this recipe! If you’re looking for a recipe that is easy to adapt for a family with a range of tastes, try this one out!
Make Your Own
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 c. Taco Blend shredded cheese
- 1 c. mild chunky salsa
- Corn Tostada Shells
In the Kitchen
- Place chicken in a large pot and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover chicken with water, add chicken bouillon, and stir well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool, shred the chicken.
- Mix the shredded chicken with salsa and set aside.
- To assemble, place lettuce on a tostada shell. Top with 1/4 cup chicken, corn, and cheese.