I debated a few themes for W’s first birthday and finally settled on a “Pop!” theme. The invitation included balloons on it with the saying, “Pop on over for some fun!” I did as much with the pop theme as I could when it came to the food including a White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe that was very easy to make and a big hit! I was able to make it the day before and it was delicious on the day of the party!
White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
3 bags microwave popcorn
1 bag white chocolate morsels
1 large bag of chocolate candies (such as M&Ms)
- Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to the directions on the bag. Split the popcorn into 2 bowls otherwise it is too difficult to get it coated well with the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels in the microwave. I suggest using 50% power and heating it 30 seconds at a time until you can stir it smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of melted chocolate over 1/2 of popcorn and gently stir (or use your hands) until it is coated.
- Mix in 1/2 of chocolate candies and spread out on wax paper to cool.
- Repeat with other half of ingredients.
- Chocolate coating with harden as it cools.
This was an extremely easy recipe to make and our guests were impressed! I will definitely use this one again in the future!
Have you ever made a chocolate covered popcorn? Did you use the microwave to make things easier? What is your recipe?