Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away which means my mind is focused on the big meal and what we will be eating that day. But I don’t want to get all caught up in the food planning and forget about my kids. Teaching my kids about Thanksgiving and caring for others is extremely important to me. So with two weeks to go, I’m sharing 14 Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers that we will be reading!
14 Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers
These are all books that we enjoy reading now with W or that I have used with my preschool students. Starting two weeks before Thanksgiving Day we will read a book a day together and then keep them sitting out in a basket for him to enjoy again if he’d like! It’s a fun little tradition and lets me share some of my favorite Thanksgiving Books with both of my children. Gotta pass that love for children’s lit along!
We actually just got Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving this year as W is a big Pete the Cat fan but I’m loving it!
(Just a heads up that these links are my affiliate links and I make a little bit if you purchase from me! So thank you if you do!)
- Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving by James Dean
- 10 Fat Turkeys by Tony Johnston
- The Night Before Thanksgiving by Natasha Wing
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson
- The Great Thanksgiving Escape by Mark Fearing
- A Turkey For Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting
- One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B.G. Hennesy
- This First Thanksgiving Day: A Counting Story by Laura Krauss Melmed
- Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes
- ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey
- Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson
- Biscuit is Thankful by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
- The Best Thanksgiving Ever! by Teddy Slater
I cannot wait to read Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving again this week to kick off our two weeks of Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers as we get closer to Turkey day!