One of our favorite things to do as family is reading. As a former teacher, I’m all about reading with kids because it’s an important habit to develop but as a mom, I just love sharing the magic of books with Weston and Carrigan. So when December rolls around, I break out all of the Christmas books for families that we have! And we have quite collection!
Christmas Books for Families
One reason we have a lot of Christmas books for families is that I like to do 24 days of holiday books with the kids! While I don’t buy 24 new books each year, I do buy a few new ones because I love them! So if you’re looking to build up your library of Christmas books for families, check out some of these!
There’s over 35 titles so you’re sure to find some that your family will enjoy together! Our favorites are at the top of the list and I included our affiliate links in case you need to order a few!
- Bear Stays up for Christmas
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
- Olive, the Other Reindeer
- The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever
- Snowmen at Christmas
- Legend of the Christmas Stocking
- LEGO City: Save This Christmas!
- How to Catch Santa
- Me and My Dragon: Christmas Spirit
- The Pups Save Christmas! (Paw Patrol)
- I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles
- The Berenstain Bears’ Night Before Christmas
- Christmas in America (Ellis the Elephant)
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving
- Santa’s Favorite Story: Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas
- How Santa Got His Job
- Little Critter Merry Christmas Mom and Dad
- The Carpenter’s Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree
- Polar Express
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer
- Humphrey’s First Christmas
- The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
- Christmas Farm
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
- Santa’s Stuck
- Memoirs of an Elf
- Auntie Claus
- A Pirate’s Night Before Christmas
- An Otis Christmas
- Splendiferous Christmas (Fancy Nancy)
- The Christmas Wish
- The Pajama Elves
- Turkey Claus
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- The Littlest Christmas Tree
- Frozen Olaf’s Night Before Christmas Book & CD
Whether you’re looking for Christmas books for families to share the whole month long or just a special one as part of your Christmas Eve traditions, these are some great books to add to your child’s library!