Today is the big day! Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War is now available on Blu-ray! The countdown is over and there are some important reasons you should own your own Avengers: Infinity War Blu-ray!
This review is in partnership with Disney as part of the #ChristopherRobinEvent & #InfinityWarBluRay press event.
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR BLU-RAY
If you haven’t seen Avengers: Infinity War yet, it needs to be done. If you missed it on the big screen, now you have the chance to make it an at-home movie night. No matter how many other Marvel movies you’ve seen (or haven’t seen), Infinity War is a one to see.
The perk about watching the Avengers: Infinity War Blu-ray is that you can press the pause button. There is not a slow moment in the movie so if you need a snack break, be sure to hit the pause button.
In “Avengers: Infinity War,” members from every MCU franchise must sacrifice like never before in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.
It’s taken 10 years of amazing Marvel films to get to this amazing project. If nothing else, it’s worth watching to see how all of these different characters come together in one story. I’m not sure we’ve ever seen so many superheroes on the big screen at once!
Photo courtesy of Marvel Studios
PREPARING TO WATCH AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR BLU-RAY
Justin and I haven’t seen all of the current films in the Marvel Universe and we were able to jump right into the action of Avengers: Infinity War. So have no fears about that.
If you do need some placement help, Infinity War begins right where Thor: Ragnarok left off. So if you’ve seen the post-credits scene then you’re ready to roll in terms of where this movie starts.
I do have some suggestions for the Marvel movies you should see if you really want to be up to speed before you dive into Infinity War:
- The Avengers
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Doctor Strange
You don’t have to watch all of the stories to get the basics of what’s going on. These four films will give you a good start. You’ll meet the Avengers you need to know and the Guardians, learn more about Thanos, and also get to know Doctor Strange.
These four films really cover the characters who see the most action in Avengers: Infinity War.
If you want to go a little deeper, there are a few more to add to the watch list:
- Captain America: Civil War (you’ll meet a few more characters like Spider-Man and Black Panther)
- Thor: Ragnarok (if you want to know what happened to Thor’s eye and haircut!)
- Black Panther
I debated having Black Panther on the must-see list because Wakanda is featured a lot in Infinity War. So if you want to know more about why things go down there, definitely make sure you see it.
And if you really want to make a movie marathon of your prep work before you watch the Avengers: Infinity War Blu-Ray, add these to your list:
- Captain America
- Iron Man 3
- Thor: The Dark World
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2
These movies will help you dive deeper into certain characters and get a bit more insight into things like the Reality Stone.
Photo courtesy of Marvel Studios
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES
Once you’ve finished watching Avengers: Infinity War, be sure to check out all of the bonus features! I’m a huge fan of gag reels and deleted scenes. Some of the deleted scenes are my favorites because they aren’t fully completed so you get a bit of a behind-the-scenes look at the film.
Check out the great bonus features included with Avengers: Infinity War on Blu-ray and Digital:
- Strange Alchemy – Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Happy Knows Best – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel – Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
There’s also a Digital exclusive:
- A Directors’ Roundtable – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
CHECK OUT THE GAG REEL!
BUY AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ON BLU-RAY
You can get your own copy of Avengers: Infinity War now! You can start watching it immediately! Or make plans for a movie night at home this weekend! It’s available on Amazon and at all major retailers! (Target here I come… like I need an excuse!)