Last month, as part of our partnership with Netflix as part of the Netflix Stream Team, I shared my Netflix binge watching show list for moms. This month, I want to share some of the best Netflix family movies and shows, and give you some hints for how to get your family to sit down and watch them with you!
Best Netflix Family Movies and Shows
When it comes to Netflix, one thing I love about it is that there really are movies and shows for the entire family! Everyone in our family can find something they want to watch.
Sometimes finding things to watch together takes a bit of work. But that’s not because there aren’t great Netflix family movies and shows! It’s because sometimes it’s hard to get five people to agree on what to watch!
So it becomes all about the art of persuasion! Check out this list of the best family Netflix movies and shows according to us, then see how Netflix is helping us learn how to persuade our family to watch with us!
Family Netflix Movies and Shows We Love
Our list of Netflix family movies and shows we love changes pretty often. We enjoy streaming shows and movies together so we watch a lot of Netflix. I took a poll and everyone added a few of their current favorites to our list:
- Sing – This is one of our current favorites. It takes no persuasion to get the whole family to watch together!
- High School Musical – Let me be honest, Carrigan and I are going to have to use our Netflix persuasive skills to convince the boys to watch with us!
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial – This is one of my favorite movies. The kids haven’t seen it yet, but I am hoping to use the art of persuasion to get Weston to watch with us!
- Chicken Little – This has been a favorite of Weston’s since he was young. For some reason, I never get tired of it. Probably because the kids love it, but it’s not one they put on repeat all the time.
- The Land Before Time – This was one of my favorites growing up so even though it’s animated and I watch a lot of animated films, it’s one of my favorites.
- An American Tail – This is another one of my childhood favorites that I want the kids to watch with me.
- Nature’s Weirdest Events – I don’t remember who in our family discovered this show, but we all enjoy it!
- Monkey Planet – We like animals, what can I say? But I like having the kids watch things that aren’t animated from time to time.
- Jem and the Holograms – I’m trying to convince everyone to watch with me! I’m working on it!
Netflix Persuasion and the Best Family Netflix Movies & Shows
So once you’ve got a list of great Netflix family movies and shows, you might think it’s easy to get everyone to sit down together and watch.
Around here, that is not always the case!
Netflix has assured me that no matter who I’m trying to convince to watch with me, they’ve got a rationale that will help me convince even the most stubborn one!
We’re thrilled to be part of the Netflix #StreamTeam this year.
We do receive sneak peeks, products, and other perks in exchange for sharing about our Netflix life!