Double Candy Cane Oreos Recipe
I love holiday sweets. They are my kryptonite. But I’ve been so busy this year that we haven’t made many of our own. We used to have a baking weekend and I also love making holiday cake balls. But none of that has happened this year.
Grambo and I also talked about doing some super easy holiday treats. And when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals mentioned her easy Double Candy Cane Oreos recipe, I was listening!
If you can melt chocolate and dip, you’re golden! Considering I love making cake balls which involve a lot of dipping, I knew I could handle these oreos. They would be great paired with Ritz crackers dipped in milk chocolate!
Make Your Own
- 1 package Winter Oreos with red filling
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs. vegetable shortening
- Candy Canes crushed
- Combine chips and vegetable shortening in glass bowl.
- Microwave 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more. Stir until completely melted.
- Add peppermint extract to chocolate. Stir.
- Dip cookies into melted chocolate.
- Set on cooling racks on cookie sheet, Sprinkle with crushed candy cane pieces and place in fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
- To remove cookies, lift the racks from the cookie sheet. Using your fingers underneath them, gently pop cookies off. They will stick a bit, so just be patient.
- Keep refrigerated.