When I think of Christmas, I think of sweets. Everywhere you turn there seems to be candy, cookies, and even cupcakes! Sometimes I need a little salty or savory to balance out all that sweet. And I eat a lot of the sweet because my sweet tooth runs the show around here! But these Christmas Tree Pretzels are great for entertaining because they have a great balance of salty and sweet with a cute factor too!
Christmas Tree Pretzels
The best party about making Christmas Tree Pretzels (besides how cute they are) is that the kids can easily help decorate them! You can also use a variety of candy and sprinkles to decorate them which means the kids can design their own Christmas trees. Then eat them! Now that sounds like a fun way to spend a December afternoon together!
The large sourdough pretzels work great when you’re making Christmas Tree pretzels but if anyone tries with the smaller pretzels, I’d love to know how it works out! And if you need to order any supplies, I’ve included some affiliate links!
What You Need:
- Big sourdough pretzels
- Wilton green candy melts
- White almond bark or white candy melts
- Yellow mini M&Ms or Sixlets
- Parchment paper
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- Frosting decorating bag or zippered sandwich bag
What You Do:
- Melt the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power, for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the face of the pretzel into the green chocolate and set on a piece of parchment paper.
- Before the chocolate cools completely, sprinkle with sprinkles to decorate.
- Melt one block of almond bark (or a handful of white candy melts) in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power, for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until completely melted and smooth.
- Fill the decorating bag with melted almond bark and snip off the end.
- Use a back and forth motion across the pretzel to decorate with a design resembling garland.
- Put a yellow M&M or Sixlet candy on the single curve edge of the pretzel for your star.
In just minutes, you’ve got some cute Christmas Tree pretzels for your next party! Or you can just do what we did and enjoy them together!
Leave a Reply