The Chrysler 200: Where Luxury Meets Family Life
When it comes to family life and thinking about cars, luxury is not the first thing that comes to my mind. As a mom I’m all about things like safety features, everyone having enough room, and how I will keep the kids occupied as we roll out of our driveway.
Spending two weeks behind the wheel of the Chrysler 200 has changed the way I think about cars and the family.
The Chrysler 200 was full of power and luxury. The 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT engine with a 9-speed automatic transmission was enough to make J a huge fan. He currently drives a mid-size sedan so he was excited to head out on a morning movie date with me one weekend.
Family Friendly Features of the Chrysler 200
Yes, the power was there and the first time I sat down in the leather driver’s seat, I just felt surrounded by luxury. But the practical side of me was paying attention too!
Some of my favorite family friendly features include:
- Key fob featuring auto remote start, the ability to open the trunk, and a panic button. Oh and did I mention that I love not having to dig my keys out of my purse to unlock the car? As long as I have them close, I could press a button on the handle to unlock the doors! No digging through my purse or diaper bag while juggling kids!
- Plenty of room in the backseat to install car seats! And the windows in the Chrysler 200 go low enough that the kids can see outside as we drive.
- Being able to open the garage from inside the car might seem like a luxury but in the rain I feel it also lends itself to safety which makes it a very family friendly feature.
- Huge trunk is a must-have when it comes to family life. Being able to put a stroller or two in the trunk and still have room for things like groceries? Perfection!
Luxury for Mom in the Chrysler 200
So once the basics were covered, I was able to soak in all of the features that made me feel like I was driving in style. I felt pretty pampered in the Chrysler 200. I’ll admit it!
Some of my favorite features that aren’t must-haves (but I sure did enjoy them) include:
- Auto temperature control with dual zone control helped keep me warm and J cool the way we both like it. And I love that we could control it from the touch screen or from the car dials.
- Rear Back-up Camera is something I’m used to so it’s almost a necessity for me, but I know it’s more of a luxury. Still love it!
- SiriusXM Satellite radio is a luxury that I never want to be without!
- I love being able to control things like the radio, cruise control, and my phone from the steering wheel.
- Full-length floor console with plenty of storage as well as USB connections and 1 12-Volt power outlet is so convenient for family life!
So when it comes to luxury meeting family life, I was blown away by our experience driving the Chrysler 200. If you’re in the market for a mid-size sedan, I would definitely consider you to go give this one a test drive! J is still talking about how he wishes it was time for him to get a new car!
What features do you look for when it comes to a vehicle for your family?