This Cinnamon Sugar Turkey Handprint Craft for Toddlers is a partnered post with Imperial Sugar but we had a blast making it!
Thanksgiving is next week and I’ve been looking for some fun sensory activities to do with the kids. Imperial Sugar’s Sugar & Spice Turkey Artwork was the perfect inspiration for our own Cinnamon Sugar Turkey Handprint Craft for Toddlers!
Cinnamon Sugar Turkey Handprint Craft for Toddlerss
I love this twist on the usual turkey handprint craft for toddlers because it’s fun to use different materials with the kids. You can add different spices to your sugar mix to add more festive scents too! Plus this is really easy to make and we had all of the supplies around the house!
What you need:
- Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Shaker
- Paper Plates
- White Card stock
- Black and red markers
What you do:
- Pour glue on one paper plate and sprinkle the Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Shaker on the other.
- Press your child’s hand and fingers into the glue. You can also use a paint brush to paint the glue on their hand.
- Press your child’s hand to the piece of card stock.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the handprint. I find you get more on if you sprinkle from the plate but you can also let your child sprinkle the Imperial Cinnamon Sugar Shaker on their own.
- Shake off the excess sugar onto the paper plate.
- Use your markers to add legs, a face, and a gobbler to your turkey!
It’s so easy to make and is absolutely adorable! I thought about making it on canvas but wasn’t sure how well it would hold up. It’s so cute I think I’ll definitely be making one so we can use it year after year to decorate our home!
For more adorable Thanksgiving craft ideas, check out the Imperial Sugar Thanksgiving Craft Ideas page!