Having a Valentine’s Day dinner with your family? Make these Valentine napkin rings for the table with your kids!
A new pair of napkin rings is a simple way to give your Valentine’s Day dinner table a pop of color and charm. Let your kids get in on the action and help add a pop of color to the table by making these easy Valentine Napkin Rings!
Valentine Napkin Rings
A new pair of Valentine napkin rings is a simple way to give your Valentine’s Day dinner table a pop of color and charm. You don’t have to spend a lot of money either.
For this project, you should be able to get all of your materials at your local craft store or the dollar store without spending much at all. It’s also a craft project that can be adapted for pretty much any holiday!
Materials for Valentine Napkin Rings
- Plastic placemat
- Black ribbon
- Red glitter foam (you can also use craft foam stickers that come in heart shapes)
- Hot glue and glue gun
We were able to find a cute leopard print placemat, black ribbon, and red glitter foam at our local dollar store. They were the perfect choice for our napkin rings, giving them a fun and contemporary flair.
If you can’t find a plastic placemat for the holiday, you can also use scrapbook paper, the napkin rings just won’t be as durable. But they’ll still work great for one dinner!
This craft does need a hot glue gun so you’ll have to help your kids with that part!
How to Make Valentine Napkin Rings
- Begin by cutting your plastic placemat into 1.5 inch wide strips. We used scalloped scissors to give our edge a fanciful twist but you can use regular if you don’t have any.
- Bend the strips into loops. You want the loop to be large enough for a thick napkin or even cloth napkin to be able to be rolled and poked through.
- Secure the loops closed with a strip of hot glue.
- Cut a length of ribbon and wrap it around each napkin ring. We chose to leave ours off to the side of the ring, but you can position yours in the center if you wish. Secure the length of ribbon with your hot glue.
- Finally, cut a few hearts out of your glitter foam. Secure the heart over the ribbon with a dab of hot glue.
Your napkin rings are now ready for use!
They’re really that simple to make!
Simply roll your napkins up and slide them into the ring. They’ll look so sweet at each place setting or assembled in a basket before you dine.
Your kids will LOVE being able to make something special with these easy Valentines Day napkin rings!
If you’re looking for more crafts to make with your kids, check out all of our Valentines art projects!