For many years I’ve loved paint chips for crafting. Well, I love them when we’re getting ready to makeover a room in the house too. But they are so great for making cute crafts with the kids too! Especially around the holidays and I just love this easy paint chip candy corn banner for decorating the house in October.
Easy Paint Chip Candy Corn Banner
It only took a few paint chip samples and some twine to make this cute banner. In a few minutes you can make your own paint chip candy corn banner and get it hung now! Yes, I might have started decorating for fall already and this is just perfect!
The great part about it is that you can easily make it as long or short as you need it to be! It’s definitely a great piece for the mantel but I can think if so many other places to hang a few!
What you need:
- Assorted paint chip strips in shades of orange
- Twine or ribbon
- Craft glue or hot glue, glue gun
We found everything we needed at our Walmart. Paint chips are usually free and you can find them at any store that sells paint!
What you do:
- Cut your paint chips down in size so that there are three shades of orange on each. This means cutting off 1 or 2 squares on each strip.
- Take your scissors and cut the side of each chip at an angle to make a triangle shape.
- Unravel your twine or ribbon and apply a strip of glue to it. Press the backs of the triangles to the twine or ribbon firmly and hold them in place until dry.
- Once the glue has dried, hang up our banner and enjoy the festive touch!
To display your candy corn banner, you can tie the ends to a mantel or shelf. Or you can use tape to hang it in a frame like we did or to just hang it on the wall! This one is so easy to make that even the kids can help! Plus you can change the colors and make a festive banner for an celebration!