Homemade Christmas Playdough: Sugarplum
When it comes to Christmas and keeping the kids busy, I decided that we had to do something a little bit special. So we put together a special batch of homemade Christmas playdough! No peppermint or pine scents here. We went for a sugarplum scent and it turned out pretty good!
You can make your own and keep the kids busy through Christmas!
What you need:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Blue and red food coloring
- ½ teaspoon of grape and ½ teaspoon of berry flavored Kool Aid
- 1 tablespoon of fine glitter (white, silver, and purple work great)
What you do:
- Bring your water to a boil. You can do it on the stove top or place in the microwave for about two minutes.
- Combine your remaining dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in your boiling water and oil. Stir well
- Mix until a paste forms. If the paste is sticky to the touch you can add in some basic flour a teaspoon at a time until firm.
- Your sugarplum scented play dough can now be colored. Add equal drops of red and blue food coloring then knead well with your hands. You want the colors to mix and create a purple hue. The dough will already have a purple coloring from the Kool Aid powder but this will help darken it.
- Once the colors are mixed well and the dough is a hue of your liking, add in the fine craft glitter. Mix it in well for an overall sparkle.
You can store your homemade Christmas playdough in an airtight container or zipper seal bag for several weeks!
Who would you make homemade Christmas playdough for?