For a quick and tasty chocolate fix, try this easy hot chocolate dip recipe. No need to wait for the holidays to enjoy some warm, chocolate-flavored goodness. However, it is perfect for the holidays too! Any time of year is a good time of year for this dip!
This dessert dip serves up well with your favorite dippers including fruit, cookies (especially vanilla wafers and sugar cookies), graham crackers, animal crackers, and pretzels.
(Yes, it was inspired by TikTok. I’ll admit that!)
Hot Chocolate Dip
As the weather cools off and the calendar pages turn, I start to think about all of the things that make me feel cozy during the fall and winter. I’m a huge fan of hot chocolate and this easy-to-make hot cocoa dip gives you all the feels in dip form!
It works great for holiday entertaining or just as a sweet treat on a winter weekend.
This dip has a little extra flavor that comes from the fact that you use a packet of hot chocolate mix when you make it!
If you’re looking for a warm chocolate dip, try making S’mores Dip!
Hot Chocolate Dip Recipe
There are quite a few reasons you’ll love this dip recipe once you give it a try!
- EASY TO MAKE – You only need 5 ingredients to make this simple recipe. That makes it a great recipe to whip up for your next party!
- VERSATILE – You can tweak this recipe for any theme. It’s great for holiday entertaining but also works well with sprinkles for Valentine’s Day or even a Christmas in July celebrate! If you’re craving chocolate this is a recipe to try!
- POPULAR – This recipe is always a hit with anyone who loves chocolate! Even if you’re not a hot cocoa fan, the creamy, chocolate flavor of this dip can’t be ignored!
This cold dip recipe takes about 5 minutes to make and can be enjoyed right away or chilled until you’re ready to serve it.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a very short list of ingredients!
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 8 ounces Frozen Whipped Topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 3 packets of Hot Cocoa Mix (you could even use 4 if you want an extra punch of that hot chocolate flavor)
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Garnishes such as candy canes, whipped cream, sprinkles, extra marshmallows and chocolate chips etc.
- Dippers – These can be anything you like! If there’s something that dips well in chocolate, it should pair well with this dip. Try your favorite things like animal crackers, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, sugar wafers, sugar cookies, fruit slices (I like strawberries and bananas), or even Oreos (yes I tried this!)
Start by mixing together the marshmallow fluff and thawed whipped topping in a large mixing bowl. You can use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or just a spatula to mix these together. The marshmallow fluff will be sticky to start.
Fold the hot cocoa mix into the mixture until it’s combined completely and smooth.
Add the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Put dip into your serving bowl and pop with garnishes of your choice.
Serve immediately or chill until you’re ready to serve.
How to store leftover dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store it for 3-4 days. If you’re not serving your dip immediately, chill it. Then garnish it once you’re ready to servie it.
Can I use marshmallow bits instead of mini marshmallows?
Absolutely! Marshmallow bits can be harder to find in the store depending on the time of year. They also have a different texture than marshmallows — they have a bit of a crunch.
But you can swap them out if that’s your preference! They’re usually easy to get on Amazon! Click here to order them now.
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip – Mix half a block of cream cheese into the marshmallow fluff and whipped topping mixture. (You can add more, if desired, to get the flavor you want.)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Dip – Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the recipe to give it that Mexican Hot Chocolate flavor!
- Chocolate Mocha – Add 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- Swap out the dippers – Serve with a collection of mini cookies one time, graham crackers and pretzels another time, and fruit dippers the next time for completely different vibes!
- For a similar vibe with a cream cheese vibe, try making Booty Dip. It’s highly addictive too!
More Chocolate Desserts You’ll Love
If you’re still craving hot chocolate, try making Hot Chocolate Bombs with marshmallows!
You can also make easy Mint Fudge that is perfect during the holiday season too!
Don’t forget that Chocolate Crazy Cake is also perfect for baking once the weather gets cooler.
Printable Recipe Card
Hot Chocolate Dip
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 3 packets hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir together the marshmallow fluff and frozen whipped topping until well combined.
- Fold in the hot chocolate mix.
- Add the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Garnish and serve immediately or chill until ready to serve then garnish.