If you’re looking for toys that your kids will love and also sneak in some learning, you have to check out Rusty Rivets toys!
There is something extra special about toys that bring to life characters from television shows and movies that my kids love. They always seem to cause a bit more excitement. It seems like they get played with just a bit more.
So when Spin Master introduced us to the Rusty Rivets collection, I was excited to learn more. It turns out my kids were even more excited and had so much to share about the show with me. I got a bit of an education! Thank you Spin Master for sponsoring this post!
Rusty Rivets Toys & Problem Solving
If you haven’t heard of Rusty Rivets, he’s a 21st century kid hero who invents his way out of every jam by repurposing spare parts and objects into the wildest, coolest, most awesome contraptions ever!
Weston has always loved building and construction toys, so Rusty Rivets appealed to him before he got to even see any of the toys! We’ve got quite a few episodes of the television show saved so my kids watch it whenever they want!
He enjoys playing on his tablet and on the computer, so anytime we can find toys that encourage him to get creative they’re a good option in my opinion.
Why Rusty Rivets Toys Appeal to Kids
There are a few things about the Rusty Rivets toys that make them a great choice for Weston.
- Collectible – The toys have a collectible quality to them because there is a whole line of different Rusty Rivets Build Me Rivet System sets.
- Encourage Creativity – The Rusty Rivets Build Me Rivet System allows kids to design, build, and create just like their favorite characters do on the show!
- Interchangeable – The pieces from each set can be used with each other to really let the creativity soar!
I have to admit that when a toy has the potential to also help my kids learn a little something, I’m even more interested in them.
These building toys promote creative thinking in my kids while also helping them develop their problem-solving skills. And they can do it all while they’re having fun playing!
How Rusty Rivets Toys Sneak Learning Into Play
Playing with toys like the Rusty Rivets collection is a ton of fun for the kids! They’ve already spent hours building, playing, breaking down the toys and then building brand new creations!
But I’m seeing a ton of learning happening too. Some of my favorite skills I see Weston developing while he plays include:
- Problem Solving – The toys promote problem-solving skills because of the Build Me Rivet System. With all of the interchangeable pieces, he can plan out any creation that he wants but then he has to figure out how to make it happen with the different parts. It definitely motivates him to use his problem-solving skills!
- Imagination and Creativity – The other areas that the Build Me Rivet System really encourages the kids is with their imagination and creativity. While the toy boxes all show suggested builds, the kids aren’t limited to only those builds. They can use them to inspire something completely original. It definitely keeps Weston engaged and coming back to play with the Rusty Rivets toys again and again.
- Fine Motor Skills – The toys are great for giving the kids fine motor practice which can later help them with coloring and writing! It’s playing that will benefit their learning even when playtime is over!
- Social and Emotional – One thing I didn’t expect when we opened the Rusty Rivets toys was that both kids would love them! I knew Weston would be thrilled to start building and creating, but Carrigan got right in on the action too. I think the toys (and the show) appeals to all kids. So, while they play they get to work on skills like sharing, taking turns and working together!
We have a lot of toys and to find some that really keep the kids engaged is a win for me. To have them give the kids more than just something fun to do is even better.
I think we all want our kids to learn and grow while also having fun. Rusty Rivets is definitely making these things happen in our house!
You can bring Rusty and Ruby home for your kids by visiting your local Target or shopping online!
My kids recommend that you start with the Rusty Kart Build and Ruby Buggy Build Vehicle Packs, the Blaster Tank and Botasaur! Then you have to add on the Rivet Lab to make the world of Rusty Rivets come to life!