This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BIC®. All opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to the holidays, one thing I love about this season is the chance to remind my family that it is a great time to appreciate all that we have. One of the best ways to do this is through things like Thanksgiving Crafts for Families! We get to spend time together and also focus on the things we are thankful for! That’s what we did last week when we made this Thankful Box Craft!
Thanksgiving Crafts for Families: Thankful Box
What I loved about making this Thankful Box is that it was really easy to do and it’s an activity that the entire family can do together. I was inspired by my new BIC Mark-It™ permanent markers to get involved in BIC’s Month of Merry Marking.
My first color was #PetalPink and I was thrilled because it happens to be a shade that I would say was one of my favorites. The BIC Month of Merry Marking booklet has tons of great ideas that you can do with your family.
I was challenged to write a Thanksgiving poem and gift it to someone important. So we made this Thankful box for Grambo!
What you need:
- Petal Pink BIC Mark-It™ permanent marker
- Small wooden box
- Sheet of scrapbook paper
What you do:
- Trace the top of the box onto the back of the scrapbook paper. Cut the paper to fit the top of the box.
- Write your poem on the paper using your Petal Pink BIC Mark-It™ permanent marker. I wrote my own but you could also find one that you like.
- Use adhesive to attach paper to the top of the box.
- Cut remaining paper into strips.
- Have each family member write a thankful message on a slip of paper.
- Fold the slips up and place them in the box.
This makes a great gift for someone special. We wrote messages to Grambo to give to her. But I also love it as a new Thanksgiving tradition. The poem makes it so personal and then I thought everyone who comes to dinner could write something they are thankful for in the box. Then we could read them before we eat!
What a great way to celebrate everything good in our lives! I challenge you to make this season a bit brighter with help from BIC Mark-It™ permanent markers. You can get the booklet of merry marking and a coupon to start marking then share your amazing creations with me!