Looking for a fitted cloth diaper and diaper cover combo that really work? See how Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted work well in this Thirsties Duo Wrap Review!
Thirsties Duo Wrap Review
I’ll start out this Thirsties Duo Wrap review by being completely honest. The Duo Wrap is one of my favorite of the Thirsties diaper covers. During the newborn stage, I loved it pair with Thirsties Fab Fitteds! They were both staples in our newborn stash!
You can learn more about my infatuation with them as part of our newborn stash to see what I mean!
Then I heard some news.
I heard the Fab Fitteds were being discontinued.
I freaked out a bit until I found out they were being replaced by the Thirsties Duo Fab Fitteds which are as wonderful as the originals but offer greater sizing flexibility as well as some other great features.
Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted
Although the Fab Fitteds worked well for us in the newborn stage, I wasn’t planning on using fitted cloth diapers once Weston fit into his one-size diapers.
I never really researched the new Duo Fab Fitteds I started my search for night-time diaper solutions. I read about others who loved the new Duo Fab Fitteds for night-time because they were as absorbent as the old Fab Fitteds but also feature a tunnel-like design under the insert inside that allows you to stuff additional inserts into the fitted!
It was the first time I had heard of such a feature in a fitted and I was very interested!
Here are the quick features of the Fab Fitted:
- Ultra absorbent and soft
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- Easy to use
- Signature tunnel design allows for better washing, quicker drying, and stuffing of additional absorbency when needed
- Gentle elastic around the legs and waist provide to protect against leaks
- Stay-dry microfleece liner for wetness protection
- Adjustable sizing so the diaper lasts longer
- Available with hook and loop or snap closure
Because fitted diapers are not waterproof on their own, they do need a cloth diaper cover of some sort.
Enter the Thirsties Duo Wrap!
These two products pair well together to give you a waterproof, leak-proof cloth diapering system!
Thirsties Duo Wrap Review: The Details
The basics of the Duo Wrap are that it’s a very pliable and breathable diaper cover that is super comfortable. It offers waterproof protection over fitted diapers, prefold diapers, and flats.
You can even use it with the Thirsties Stay Dry Duo Insert to create an all-in-two diaper.
That’s a lot of flexibility which makes it a very versatile addition to your cloth diaper stash.
Wondering why you should by a fitted and a diaper cover when you can buy a pocket diaper or an all-in-one?
One thing I like about the Duo Fab Fitted paired with the Duo Wrap is that there is extra leak protection. Who doesn’t want extra leak protection?
The Duo Fitted offers an elasticized barrier around the legs and waist that makes it much tougher for anything to escape beyond the diaper cover. The Duo Wrap as a cover also helps prevent leaks because it has leg gussets that provide extra protection.
One of my favorite features I always find myself stressing in my Thirsties Cloth Diapers reviews is the adjustable sizing.
Each of the sizes of the Thirsties Duo Wrap features three rows of snaps to adjust the rise of the diaper to your baby’s shape so it’s like having three sizes in one single diaper cover! If you have taller kids, this can be a lifesaver. I know from experience!
Thirsties Duo Sizing
The Duo Wrap is available in three sizes and they fit a range of ages and weight. For me, I always went off the weight because my babies were big. They didn’t always match the suggested age range.
- Size 1: 6-18 pounds (0-9 months)
- Size 2: 18-40 pounds (9 months – 3 years)
- Size 3: 40-65+ pounds (3-7 years)
With that sizing, you can use the Thirsties Duo system from birth through potty training and even as an alternative to using pull up type products as your kids get older!
Our Thirsties Duo Wrap Review
So here’s the lowdown on what we loved about this combo of Thirsties cloth diapers.
- The color combinations and the prints are AMAZING! There, I said it. I love a cute cloth diaper.
- Gussets are my hero. We never had any type of blowout with the Duo Wrap. This is true for both the size 1 and the size 2 covers that we used.
- The leg bindings are very soft.
- Love that they’re available in both snaps and hook and loop. Different styles work for different babies. (Snaps are also nearly indestructible!)
- The hook and loop (our preference) rarely came undone during washing. So I didn’t have to deal with the dread cloth diaper chain out of the laundry.
- You can also wipe the cover clean between uses which means you don’t need to own as many. (ALERT! Money-saving tip!)
- We never had any color fading in our solids or prints.
- The Thirsties Duo Wrap seems to be comfortable with the babies wear it.
Thirsties Duo Wrap Drawbacks
Overall, this is a cloth diaper combo that worked well for us!
As with any fitted and cover combo, it can get bulky depending on your child’s size and body shape. When we stuffed some extra inserts into the Duo Fitted, it definitely made for a bulky diaper. It didn’t completely solve our nighttime diapering issues either.
Like most hook and loop closures on cloth diapers, they do show wear after multiple uses. The same is true for the Thirsties Duo.
Thirsties is a brand that I trust and would recommend to others.
In fact, I just recently included a Duo Wrap in a baby shower gift for a friend who is planning to use cloth diapers!
Thirsties Duo Wrap Pricing
The Thirsties Duo Wrap currently retails for $13.25 each for both solid colors and prints. The pricing is the same for both the hook and loop and snap closure options.
You can also get the Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted for $17.00 each.
Photo credit: Thirsties.com