Welcome to Formula: Mom!
Want to know a little bit more about the mom behind the formula? Check out these 5 quick facts!
- Mom. Mariah became a mom in December 2010 when her little man, W, was born. Just days before he was born she completed her Master’s of Education in Educational Administration. Oh, and she got the Christmas presents all wrapped on time too! In November 2013, she became a mom again to her precious little miss C. Both kids were born in med-free water births at a birthing center with amazing midwives!
- Teacher. Although she’s now a full-time work-at-home mom, Mariah taught elementary school for 8 years. She taught first grade, technology (K-4th), and special education preschool. So children and their education is definitely important to her. Now she’s learning just how much of the learning starts at home!
- Wife. Mariah met her husband J on match.com and got married in July 2008 after dating for 2 years. They’re proof that internet dating can work! She did have to go on her share of bad dates before she finally got lucky!
- Family. Her little family is rounded out by Grambo (her mom) and their dog, Toby. It’s a busy home but they wouldn’t have it any other way. They never expected to be living with such a large family but it has been an amazing experience and a great way to raise the kids! Having multiple generations to help out is huge although it does have its challenges too.
- Blog. Mariah started Formula: Mom in March 2011 as way to share what was working for her as a mother and what was not working. Parenting certainly didn’t come with a handbook and she had so many plans. Some of them have worked out perfectly while others have thrown her for a bit of a loop. One day she came to the realization that parenting was about figuring out a formula that works for your family and Formula: Mom was born as she works to figure out her formula for being mom!
As a content creator and brand promoter, her work has appeared at PTPA Blogaholics, WhatToExpect.com Word of Mom and Word of Mom News, Pampers Pregnancy. She is an experienced Brand Ambassador and Twitter Party host/panelist.
Mariah has worked with a variety of brands including:
- Angel Soft
GROWING UP MOON
Mariah and the entire family have recently started a new YouTube channel family vlog. Growing Up Moon follows this Texas family with multiple generations living under one roof. With Grambo, Mom, Dad, and two little ones, life can be pretty exciting… or just plain crazy on certain days. Growing Up Moon is just a little glimpse into the daily lives of raising kids and making memories.
Mariah would love to hear from you! You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org!