Welcome to The Simple Parent!
Want to know a little bit more about the mom behind The Simple Parent? Check out these 5 quick facts!
- Mom. Mariah became a mom in December 2010 when her little man, Weston, was born. Just days before he was born she completed her Master’s of Education in Educational Administration. Oh, and she got the Christmas presents all wrapped on time too! In November 2013, she became a mom again to her precious little miss Carrigan. Both kids were born in med-free water births at a birthing center with amazing midwives!
- Teacher. Although she’s now a full-time work-at-home mom, Mariah taught elementary school for 8 years. She taught first grade, technology (K-4th), and special education preschool. So children and their education is definitely important to her. Now she’s learning just how much of the learning starts at home!
- Wife. Mariah met her husband Justin on Match.com and got married in July 2008 after dating for 2 years. They’re proof that internet dating can work! She did have to go on her share of bad dates before she finally got lucky!
- Family. Her little family is rounded out by Grambo (her mom and co-author here at The Simple Parent) and their dog, Toby. It’s a busy home but they wouldn’t have it any other way. They never expected to be living with such a large family but it has been an amazing experience and a great way to raise the kids! Having multiple generations to help out is huge although it does have its challenges too.
- Blog. Mariah started Formula: Mom in March 2011 as way to share what was working for her as a mother and what was not working. Parenting certainly didn’t come with a handbook and she had so many plans. She rebranded to The Simple Parent in July 2015 following the focus of her life and the blog. The Simple Parent follows the life of a busy family with multiple generations living together and making life work. It’s all easy ideas for simple parenting and includes personal stories, ideas for easy family fun, recipes, and crafts!
As a content creator and brand promoter, her work has appeared at PTPA Blogaholics, WhatToExpect.com Word of Mom and Word of Mom News, Pampers Pregnancy. She is an experienced Brand Ambassador and Twitter Party host/panelist.
Mariah has worked with a variety of brands including:
- Angel Soft
GROWING UP MOON
Mariah and the entire family have recently started a new YouTube channel family vlog. Growing Up Moon follows this Texas family with multiple generations living under one roof. With Grambo, Mom, Dad, and two little ones, life can be pretty exciting… or just plain crazy on certain days. Growing Up Moon is just a little glimpse into the daily lives of raising kids and making memories.
Mariah would love to hear from you! You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org!