Very Busy Spider Web Craft
We have been reading The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. It’s a great book to read around Halloween without having to read Halloween books all month long. The book is great because it allows us to talk about the differences between spiders and insects. It also gives us the opportunity to talk about other animals. Of course, we also have the opportunity to make spider crafts!
One of the crafts we made was a spider web craft using glitter! It doesn’t require many supplies and the mess can be fairly contained as well!
Make Your Own Spider Web Craft
What you need:
- Black construction paper (I cut sheets into four squares to use less paper.)
- White school glue
- Silver glitter
- Small pom-poms (to act as a spider)
2. Squeeze glue in a large hexagon/circle shape near the edges of the paper. Then do a second smaller shape inside the first to create your spider web!
3. Then it’s glitter time! For easy clean up, I recommend using a paper plate under everything while sprinkling the glitter on the web. Cover your glue spider web generously with glitter.
4. Then lift your paper and shake it gently to remove the excess glitter. If you use another sheet of paper or a paper plate, you can easily pour the extra glitter back in the container!
Then add a fake spider or a pom-pom to represent a spider and you have your very own Very Busy Spider Web craft!
These are absolutely adorable hung on our bulletin board in our classroom! They could be cute around the house as well! They are great for Halloween but can be used any time of year when you want to study spiders too!