As an elementary school teacher, I have experience with grades Pre-K through 4th. But I spent a good handful of years teaching first grade. It definitely helped deepen my love for children’s books. Teaching children to read and watching their faces light up when it all clicked is something special. Teaching special education preschool furthered my love for children’s literature and all of the activities little ones can do with books.
As W and I prepare for the change in seasons, I put together a list of 15 of my favorite fall books for toddlers and preschoolers. These books have been loved by my students and by my own son!
15 Great Fall Books for Toddlers & Preschoolers
Please note that the links to these books on Amazon are my affiliate links.
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steven Metzger
- Mouse’s First Fall by Lauren Thompson
- It’s Fall by Linda Glaser
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- I Love Fall! (board book) by Alison Inches
- Leaf Jumpers by Carole Gerber
- Who Loves the Fall? by Bob Raczka
- Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell
- When the Leaf Blew In by Steve Metzger
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves! by Lucille Colandro
- Fall Mixed Up by Bob Raczka
- The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
- Let It Fall by Maryann Cocca-Leffler