We’re always looking for ways to beat the heat during the summer. And if we can have fun and make memories while doing it, then it’s even better! My kids are huge fans of anything that involves playing with water so these water play activities for kids are huge hits around our house!
15 Splashtastic Water Play Activities
1. Make your own sponge water bombs.
2. Take a ride on a water slide.
3. Competition time! Have a water cup race using squirt guns.
4. Combine fun and learning with these DIY pool cards.
5. Add balls to the kiddie pool to make water play more interesting for the baby and toddler crowd.
6. Make sensory bags for the pool. So simple!
7. Reuse some of your plastic bottles by making a water wall for the kids.
8. No pool? No problem! This hand-eye coordination water sensory bin will provide hours of entertainment.
9. Here’s a fun summer spin on bobbing for apples: bobbing for fish! Toy fish, that is.
10. Make a big splash with aDIY water balloon launcher.
11. A water table will provide fun all summer long for your tots.
12. Soak the siblings (or anyone else nearby) with super easy water balloon pinatas.
13. Poke holes in a large water bottle and attach it to your garden hose for a fun DIY sprinkler.
14. Make a pool noodle water wall.
15. This water balloon letter smash game is such a good idea! It’ll help your preschoolers and kindergarteners practice their letters over the summer.
Tell me about your family’s favorite water activity!
And if you’re looking for even more ways to stay cool, you can find more ideas with 10 Ways to Keep Cool This Summer!