I wasn’t always a fan of Brussels sprouts. And yes, I had tried them. I’ve had a few experiences that left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. But then I discovered this easy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts recipe and my mind was changed.
I’m not sure if it’s the magic of the air fryer (because it is magical) or the magic of bacon, but together it all comes together in a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays, game day, and really any entertaining!
AIR FRYER BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Making Brussel sprouts in air fryer is a game-changer. It’s simple to do and tastes so good that it’s worth trying! They also look amazing when you set them out for your next family or friends get together! They look classy while still being so simple to make!
If you’re intimidated by cooking Brussels sprouts, have no fear! Air fried brussel sprouts are a great way to start your experience with the sprouts. I’ve got a few tips for preparing to make your recipe, in case you don’t have much experience.
When you’re buying Brussels sprouts, they come as individual sprouts or attached to the stalk. When you’re choosing your sprouts for this recipe, look for ones that are similar in size so they cook in the same amount of time.
You also want to choose Brussels sprouts that are firm and compact. They should be green and feel heavy for their size. Avoid wilted looking sprouts and sprouts with yellow leaves.
We used green Brussels sprouts for this recipe, but you might also find red or purple sprouts at the store. They’ve been developed as specialty crops and you can substitute them in this recipe!
If you’re not cooking your Brussel sprouts immediately, refrigerate them in the produce drawer of your refrigerator in an open bag. They last for about 10 days but I recommend using them within a few days of buying them.
HOW TO COOK BACON WRAPPED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
For this recipe, I recommend an air fryer with a tray-like basket. You can make this bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts recipe in any air fryer, the tray just makes it easier to lay them out and turn them while you’re cooking them.
Then you need Brussels sprouts, bacon, and olive oil. I love how simple the ingredients are for this recipe. I also love that you really only use oil to coat the sprouts lightly and the air fryer does the rest!
You can set each Brussel sprout in the air fryer basket as you wrap it in the bacon to make it easy.
Once you finish cooking your bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts, use party picks of some kind to serve them. If you’re serving them for a holiday, get some themed picks to add an extra festive touch!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (about 24) trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb bacon sliced in half lengthwise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the outer leaves of the brussels sprouts and wash in cool water.
- Trim the stem so it's even with the bottom leaves on the brussel sprout.
- Place Brussels Sprouts in a large bowl and toss in the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Wrap a long piece of bacon loosely around each brussel sprout, overlapping it until it's completely wrapped. (The bacon will shrink as it cooks and squeeze off the brussel sprout if it's wrapped too tightly.)
- Set air fryer to 390°F.
- Place the bacon-wrapped Brussels Sprouts into the air fryer basket. Place them with the bacon end facing down.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until bacon is crisp. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the Brussels Sprouts.
- Use wood or plastic food and coacktail toothpicks to serve and enjoy!
HOW GOOD ARE BRUSSEL SPROUTS FOR YOU?
They are an excellent source of vitamin C! Vitamin C helps our bodies fight infection.
HOW DO YOU TAKE THE BITTERNESS OUT OF BRUSSEL SPROUTS?
You make air fryer brussels sprouts! But seriously, using olive oil and the bacon will help offset the bitter taste that many people associate with Brussels sprouts. You want to cook the sprouts until they’re just tender. Don’t hesitate to check them with a fork during the cooking time.
MORE EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES
PIN THIS POST