Peaches are the fruit I think of when I think of summer. They’re so juicy and sweet which makes them a great dessert option or sweet snack option. Whether or not you’ve thought about making Air Fryer Peaches, summer is the perfect time to give it a try!
In less than ten minutes, you can use your Air Fryer to make this simple and delicious summer dessert! It’s like a bite of peach pie in your mouth!
Air Fryer Peaches
If you’re like me, you might have started using your air fryer as a short cut with your favorite frozen foods. I started using mine as a way to make frozen chicken strips in less time. I’ve branched out into many different areas, but only recently gotten into air frying fruit.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Air frying fruit is definitely a thing. It’s a great way to elevate your flavors and make a quick dish that really feels like a treat.
Besides taste, there are other reasons why you should try air frying peaches (and other fruit) and why you will love air fried peaches:
- Time Saver – Air fryers are known for helping you get food on the table in less time. You’ll save time using your air fryer instead of the oven or grill. It’s a quick way to make a dessert similar to baked or grilled peaches. These definitely have the vibe of those delicious grilled peaches!
- Natural Sweetness – Using the air fryer helps the peaches keep their natural sweetness and juiciness. When you cook fruit other ways, they can get mushy or lose some of their flavor. But with the air fryer most of that natural delicious is locked in while you cook!
- Make the Flavors Your Own – This recipe uses cinnamon and brown sugar to get a very classic baked peach flavor. But it’s a very versatile recipe. You can stick with the classic flavors or get more creative! You can try things like honey to keep it sweet or co savory and fill the peaches with things like goat cheese. Air fried peaches are also great in other dishes like salads, oatmeal, and yogurt parfaits.
- Smart Sweet Treat – If you’re looking for a dessert idea that is a bit more natural, these are perfect! You can top them with ice cream or enjoy them on their own. The recipe doesn’t use much sugar at all and relies a lot of the natural sweetness of the peaches!
Air Fryer Peaches Ingredients
To make this simple peaches recipe, you’ll need some very basic ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
You’ll want to make sure the peaches are a little firm. The best peaches for this recipe are not quite ripe yet. You don’t want them to be too soft or mushy.
You can use yellow or white peaches and I highly recommend using fresh peaches.
How to Make Air Fryer Peaches
This recipe makes six servings. It takes about five minutes to prep followed by 10 minutes of cooking time.
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F if required by your air fryer model.
Melt the butter.
Then stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
The best way to cut a peach is to run a sharp knife around the peach. Then twist the peach halves until they loosen enough to pull them apart. Pull the pit out or use a spoon to remove it.
Place the peaches skin side up in the air fryer basket and cook for five minutes.
Then remove the peaches from the air fryer and top with the butter mixture.
Return the peaches to the air fryer with the skin side down. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until the butter is caramelized.
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Leftovers Storage & Reheating
Leftover peaches can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing these. They do not thaw well. You will be left with mushy peaches even after reheating.
You can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave. Cook them for about 30 seconds or until warm.
FAQs & Recipe Tips
What to serve with air fried peaches?
You can try other toppings to change things up! Think about trying some of these options:
- Whipped cream
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Greek yogurt
- Chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
Can I use frozen peaches in the air fryer?
You can use frozen peaches if you’re absolutely desperate but I don’t recommend it. You’ll need to let them thaw for a bit before air frying them and then you can end up in the mushy area. Mushy peaches aren’t great.
If you do choose to use frozen peaches, you may need to add additional cooking time as well. Just be aware that the texture will not be the same as using fresh peaches.
Can I use canned peaches for this recipe?
No, I don’t recommend using canned peaches because they’re already ripe in the can. Plus they can be very wet. Fresh peaches work the best for this recipe. You want to avoid mushy peaches!
What kind of peaches are best for the air fryer?
You want to look for peaches that are ripe but firm. The softer the peaches are, the greater risk for mushy peaches.
In terms of types of peaches, you can use any of them! Most people are familiar with yellow peaches but I love white peaches!
How do I prevent the peaches from turning mushy in the air fryer?
To avoid mushy peaches, you want to start with fresh peaches that are still firm.
You also want to avoid putting too many peach halves in the air fryer basket at once. Give each peach room for the hot air to circulate around them. If you’re trying to make a larger batch of peaches, I highly recommend cooking them in multiple smaller batches.
Can I use other fruits instead of peaches in the air fryer?
Yes and it’s fun to play around with! Fruits are great in the air fryer! This recipe works well with the following fruits:
Can I make air fryer peaches ahead of time?
They taste best when fresh but you can make them ahead of time. You can store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
More Air Fryer Desserts
Ai Fryer Grilled Peaches
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F if required by your air fryer model.
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place the peaches SKIN SIDE UP in the air fryer basket and cook for five minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the air fryer and top with the butter mixture.
- Return to the air fryer and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until the butter is caramelized.