Back to School Cleaning Tips is part of our partnership with Merry Maids. If you’re struggling with back to school and getting back into a routine, find your personality type below and get some great tips!
Figure out the type of every member of your family and you’ll have Back to School cleaning tips under control!
Back to School Cleaning Tips
Back to School is a great time to shift gears and get things organized again. Merry Maids is helping us with back to school cleaning tips by giving parents an “Education in Organization” as we head back into the school year.
So find your personality type and grab some tips that will help your whole family this fall!
If messes go against your nature than you might be a neat freak!
- Create color coded files for each child for those handmade keepsakes and important papers.
- Send mess-making supplies to school in clear baggies to protect backpacks.
- Have older students keep a stain-removal stick in their backpacks to pre-treat ink stains.
- Prep everything you need for lunches for the week on Sunday afternoon.
If you look like a neat freak, but you just hide your messes then you’re probably a Closet Stasher!
- Use plastic bins or baskets with labels to keep different items like games and books organized.
- Create a special shelf just for school supplies.
- If your child is a closet stasher, be sure to check under beds and behind headboards when cleaning!
Juggling work, homework, after-school activities, and keeping the house clean? You’re definitely a busy bee!
- Create a family calendar to keep track of schedules.
- Place a whiteboard or chalkboard by the door to remind everyone of important things as you head out the door.
- Work together to get things done. Have the kids put laundr in the dryer while you make dinner.
Do you know someone who waits until the last minute to get it together for back to school? Then you know a Summer Straggler!
- Prioritize with a to-do list.
- Call a professional to help get a deep cleaning so you have time to tackle the other things on your list.
Turn everyone in the family into a team plater but offering opportunities for them to get involved! From the youngest to the oldest, everyone can help out!
- Create a handy helpers box filled with slips of paper with different chores written on them. This keeps it fresh each week.
- Offer rewards to your kids for helping with chores.
- Offer more challenging roles to older kids and easier jobs to the younger so they can all work together.
With these back to school cleaning tips from Merry Maids, we can all get back in the routine!
If you need a little help, the Merry Maids cleaning experts are ready to help out! They can help you come up with a customized plan to meet the needs of your home and family!
Photo credit: Adobe Stock