Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s right in the middle of the holiday season and I love spending time with my family and some good food. We’ve been making turkey crafts and one of my favorites is this adorable clothespin turkey craft!
Make Your Own Clothespin Turkey Craft
We actually had everything we needed to make a cute clothespin turkey so I didn’t have to make a trip to the craft store. But in case you do need a few supplies, we’ve included our affiliate links and thank you for your support!
I love that you can change the colors just by using different feathers, although I went with very traditional fall colors on this little guy. It makes it easy to let your kids be creative and personalize their turkeys!
They would also be great name tag holds on the dinner table for the big meal!
What you need to Make a Clothespin Turkey
- 3 feathers per clothespin
- 2 googly eyes per clothespin
- Orange construction paper scrap
- Red construction paper scrap
- Glue (craft glue or hot glue)
How to Make this Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
- Glue the feathers on one side of the clothespin and allow to dry. We used Elmer’s school glue and it worked great. If you use hot glue, make sure little fingers are out of reach!
- Glue googly eyes on the other side of the clothespin.
- Snip a small triangle of orange construction paper below eyes.
- Cut a small squiggle shape of red construction paper and glue on side of orange beak.
- Let dry and enjoy!
It’s really that simple to make and these little gobblers are just too cute!
Our easy clothespin turkey is a great way to use up extra craft supplies you might have lying around then check out some of our favorite Thanksgiving-themed books to enjoy together!