When it comes to holidays, I love buying my kids clothes. Valentine’s Day is no different and I’ve already bought a few new things for C. But I wanted to do something a bit more special this year. I just never though DIY Valentine shirts were something I could pull off. I like easy crafty things and a shirt sounded tricky. But I was wrong!
DIY Valentine Shirts for Kids
Even the busiest mom can make a few special shirts for their kids using this method. I actually came up with the idea when I made myself a Christmas shirt last month. It really works for any holiday as long as you can think of a design to use!
I am even thinking of making little miss one with a big letter C on it to go with some pants we have that I can’t find a shirt to match! Custom clothes made easy!
What you need:
- White t-shirt (I got ours at the craft store for less than $3)
- Fabric markers (this is my affiliate link, I’ve also used these fabric markers as well)
- Two sheets of paper
What you do:
- Fold a sheet of paper and cut a heart in the size you want it to be on your shirt.
- Fold your other sheet of paper and place it inside the shirt so your markers don’t bleed through to the back.
- Place your heart shape in the center of the shirt.
- Using a light colored marker, make small dots to outline your heart.
- Then use your markers to make larger circles following your heart outline.
- If desired, add a second row of circles or fill in the heart completely!
It’s that easy to make your own DIY Valentine shirts! I recommend putting the shirt in the dryer for about ten minutes before wearing it or washing. It helps set the marker color into the fabric.
And just like that we had our own shirts! I cannot wait to make these for other holidays too! The great thing is that if the kids get them dirty, it wasn’t an expensive fancy holiday outfit. So these are perfect for play time!
Leave a comment and tell me who you would make a shirt for!