Our dogs are important members of our family. We love to celebrate them and that’s what led me to buy my first dog birthday cupcake a few years ago. But since then we’ve decided it’s fun to celebrate more than just birthdays so learning how to make dog cupcakes was a must!
This post is sponsored by WellPet but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I’ll admit that his pupcake recipe is mostly an excuse to get in the kitchen with the kids but the dogs never complain! This easy dog cupcake recipes is one the kids can definitely help you make! My kids even enjoy eating pupcakes (minus the adorable bone-shaped cupcake topper using Old Mother Hubbard All-Natural Dog Snacks) but we save them mostly for Toby and Sebastian.
HOW TO MAKE DOG CUPCAKES
Dog cupcakes are as easy to make as regular cupcakes. If you love to bake they’re a fun way to do something special for your pups.
This pupcake recipe is flavored by peanut butter and bananas. It means they pair well with the Old Mother Hubbard All-Natural Dog Snacks we have on hand! You don’t have to have a cupcake topper but it definitely adds some cute factor!
Old Mother Hubbard’s has been around since 1926 and the biscuits are made with all-natural ingredients. They’re oven-baked to preserve all of the natural flavors that our pups enjoy!
The P-Nuttier Dog Biscuits (in the mini size) and P-Nuttier N’ Nanners Dog Biscuits are perfect for these dog cupcakes. But my dogs love both flavors all on their own! So you don’t have to make a dog muffins or cupcakes for your dogs to enjoy Old Mother Hubbard All-Natural Dog Snacks!
DOG CUPCAKE RECIPE
To make dog friendly cupcakes you’ll need peanut butter, oil, bananas, honey, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Exact measurements are included in the recipe at the bottom of the post.
NOTE: Please make sure that your peanut DOES NOT contain Xylitol as it can be extremely toxic to dogs.
Our dogs are small so we use a mini muffin pan to make dog cupcakes. Preheat the oven and then spray the muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the peanut butter, oil, banana, and honey in a large bowl.
Then add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until combined.
Scoop cupcake batter into the muffin tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. The pupcakes are ready when you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before you put the frosting on.
DOG CUPCAKE ICING RECIPE
While the cupcakes are baking, make the dog cupcake frosting by mixing the peanut butter and mashed banana together until as smooth as you can get it.
Then frost the cupcakes and let your dog enjoy a special treat!
These are a tasty treat all on their own, but adding an Old Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier mini dog snack on the top of each dog cupcake adds the cute factor!
This recipe makes about a dozen mini-sized dog cupcakes. They’re a special treat for when we’re celebrating our dogs or when we just want to do something a little special for them!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 cups of a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash one banana.
- Mix the banana, oil, peanut butter, and honey together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into mini muffin tin until each one is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The dog cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes. Then remove from the pan and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE
- Mash remaining banana. The smoother you mash the banana, the smoother your frosting will be.
- Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes. Or put frosting in a zipper bag and snip of the corner to use it as a frosting bag.
- Top with small bone-shaped dog snack, if desired.
Old Mother Hubbard Dog Treats now available in Walmart stores & online. You can pick up any of the five flavors available: