Our Easy Lion Guard Party Ideas For A Disney Playdate is a sponsored DisneyKids Preschool Playdate. We did receive free products from Walt Disney World and MomSelect in exchange for our participation but they’re ideas we would use anyway because we’re a Disney loving family!. Plus these are super easy to throw together on short notice if you want to have a little something special for a Disney theme playdate or party!
Easy Lion Guard Party Ideas For A Disney Playdate
We love all things Disney so when we we received a box of goodies from #DisneyKids 2016 Preschool Playdates and an invitation to plan some fun, we jumped on it! We watch a lot of Disney Jr. and we just got back from a family trip to Disney World so the magic is alive and well around here!
One of our favorite places to go when we visit Walt Disney World is The Festival of the Lion Kingdom show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The kids are loving The Lion Guard right now (we all seem to be singing that song all day long), so it was the perfect theme for our a playdate!
But don’t get stressed out about coming up with elaborate theme ideas. Keep it simple and the kids will love it! A lot of these ideas will work great for a safari or jungle themed get together too!
Set the Scene
You don’t have to decorate the whole them to give your party a great theme. Focus on key areas like the food table.
- Get a cheap table cloth in a color that goes along with The Lion Guard (orange and yellow work great).
- Use scrapbook paper or construction paper as place mats around the table to add pops of color.
- Use disposable plates and bowls that go with the color scheme for easy clean up.
- Print out a few coloring sheets from the show to use as decor and activities.
- Cut up temporary tattoos or sticker sheets and scatter them around the table.
- Make your own table tents in minutes to add a little something special without getting too complicated.
DIY Table Tents
Using scrapbook paper in colors that go along with The Lion Guard theme, you can quickly cut out some pieces to make your own table tents. Write the name of each item on your table tent and you’ll have a cute little addition that only took you a few minutes!
It’s those little additions that make a normal playdate just a bit more magical, but you don’t have to spend a lot of time or money on them either!
Food to Roar About
Let’s get real here. Snacks and food are always the heart of any party or playdate and it’s no different with the kids. You can find tons of elaborate ideas out there but if you don’t want to carve fruit into a lion’s head, try some of these simple ideas for an easy and special snack at your playdate.
- Tiger Tails – cheese puffs
- Sticks & Twigs – pretzel sticks
- Jungle Vines – veggie sticks
- Savanna Animals – animal crackers
- Grubs – sour gummy worms
- Zebra cakes – snack cakes
- Jungle Juice – disposable juice bottles (could also use water bottles and color the water for fun)
You can also do something easy like buy cupcakes with colors that go along with your party colors and add toy animals on top!
And that’s how easy it is to put together snacks for your next playdate or party!
Keep the Cubs Entertained
After the food, the next must-have is something to keep the kids busy. It doesn’t have to take a lot of planning at all. When it comes to easy Lion Guard party ideas, entertainment is pretty simple.
- Watch the Lion Guard . The show is based on the 1994 Disney movie The Lion King. In The Lion Guard, Kion, son of Simba and Nala, discovers that he has the ability to channel the roars of his ancestors, which gave him great power. He forms a team of animals to stop a group of dangerous hyenas. It’s quite the adventure!
- Color your favorite character. Coloring sheets are always a great way to keep kids happy.
- Act like your favorite animal. If the weather is nice, take it outside and pretend the backyard is the savanna. Weston has so many stories to tell from our visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom and our Kilimanjaro Safaris so he’s always fun to play animals with.
And if you’re looking for some easy goodies for the kids to take home with them, use the toy animals, stickers, and temporary tattoos that you decorated the table with! Let each child pick one to take home!
So if you have a little animal lover in your family like we do (Carrigan gets so excited whenever the Animal Kingdom commercial comes on television) or fans of The Lion Guard these easy Lion Guard party ideas will had some extra Disney magic to your next playdate!