We’re partnering with Netflix this year as part of their #StreamTeam because Netflix is definitely part of our busy lives. Screen time is part of the balance in our home and last month I shared about Netflix Shows Kids Can Learn Positive Values From. This month we took on an easy soap making kids project in the theme of one of our favorite shows on that list!
Easy Soap Making Kids Project
I mentioned that the Netflix Original Care Bears & Cousins (along with the other Care Bears shows on Netflix) is a favorite of mine because I’ve been a fan of Care Bears since I was young. But as a parent, I love it because the episodes teach about things like friendship, empathy, and kindness.
When my kids get hooked on a show or a book, they love doing activities related to it so we tried this easy soap making kids project. I’d never made my own soap before but Carrigan is obsessed with taking baths so it seemed like a good idea to try!
Have no fear, it’s pretty easy to make kids soap! And it was a hit! The kids loved it!
I wanted to let the kids make soap as independently as possible, but I will say that they are a bit young to work with the heated ingredients. They were able to help with a few steps like putting the Care Bears in the molds though.
Easy Soap Making Kids Project Materials
The great thing about letting kids make soap like this is that you can easily change the figurines you use to make your soap personalized!
We’ve included a list of everything you need to make your own soap, along with some affiliate links in case you need to order some supplies!
- Small Care Bears figurines
- Glycerin soap block
- Glass measuring cup with handle
- Cutting board
- Oval soap mold
- Therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Wooden spoon
- Small sauce pot
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
Clear Glycerine Soap BaseCare Bears Collectible Figure Series 3Hocking Glass Open Handle Measuring CupOval Shape Homemade Soap Mold
How to Make Kids Soap
- Cut large glycerin soap into about 10 ice cube sized pieces.
- Place soap pieces into a clear glass measuring cup. (The kids can help with this step!)
- Place measuring cup in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.
- Add in about 10 drops of lavender essential oil and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place Care Bears upside down in the oval mold. (The kids can help with this step too!)
- Using a pot holder, carefully hold the measuring cup by the handle and pour melted soap over the Care Bears.
- Lightly spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then transfer to the freezer for the last 10 minutes.
- Carefully stretch the sides of the mold and press up on the bottom to remove each Care Bears soap!
This easy soap making kids project will make bath time and hand washing a lot more fun!
If you’re looking for some good kids shows, definitely check out the amazing variety of shows available on Netflix! Then pick up supplies to make soap with your child’s favorite characters! It’s a ton of fun!
For more ideas, check out all of our Netflix Stream Team posts!
Leave a Reply