Ad – This space cookies recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Easy Space Cookies Recipe
Weston is into science these days. He can name all of the planets and he just recently learned that we have the Space Center here in Houston. He’s been ready to plan a trip and thinks it’s the perfect summer vacation activity.
Space Exploration Day is July 20, so a trip to the Space Center sounds like a great thing to do. Weston’s (and now Carrigan’s) love of all things space and the galaxy mean it is time to whip up some tasty treats! We love making cake mix cookies so we used that to inspire our easy space cookies recipe!
Pillsbury helps make any baking occasion become a celebration without the hassle of making everything from scratch – especially the new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag, which allows you to easily pipe frosting onto baked goods since it is in ready-to-go packaging. This makes it easier to get in the kitchen with the kids and our space theme cookies were no exception!
We love to celebrate the little moments in life with Pillsbury baking mixes and frostings. We’re celebrating Space Exploration Day by making space cookies!
Check out how easy it is to make our space cookies recipe!
Space Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti® cake mix (or your favorite Pillsbury cake mix!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Red & Blue food coloring
- Space/Galaxy themed or star-shaped sprinkles
- Vanilla Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag
- Parchment paper
How to Make Space Cookies
The thing I love about cake mix cookies is that they’re the easiest kind of cookies to make! They’re perfect for making if you have kids helping!
With help from the new Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag, it was even easier to make our galaxy cookies recipe! The Pillsbury Filled Pastry bag has a ready-to-frost star tip and is available in three flavors, Vanilla, Chocolate Fudge and Cream Cheese.
We chose vanilla but you could choose your favorite flavor!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Add red and blue food coloring. To get the dark purple color, we added 8 red drops and 16 blue drops.
- Mix color into the dough until the color is evenly blended.
- Spread a parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Use a Tablespoon or small scoop to make balls of dough.
- Use a glass dusted with floor to press the balls until about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake 5-8 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for one minute then remove from pan to cool completely.
- Once cookies are completely cool, match cookies of similar size to each other.
- Use vanilla frosting on one cookie, making a thick circle of frosting.
- Press another cookie on top so frosting squishes out.
- Press sides of cookie sandwich in sprinkles.
Carrigan loves to help out in the kitchen, so baking our galaxy cookie recipe was exciting for her! Weston was thrilled to help us enjoy our space treats! He assured us that they would be the perfect treat to take with us in the car on the drive to Space Center Houston.
I think we’ll probably skip the cookie eating in the car and just enjoy them at home! I did promise we could make them again!
Cake mix cookies are so easy to make that I’m always up to bake them! I love that you can easily tweak the colors and flavors to fit almost any occasion!
Pillsbury and the Doughboy want to inspire you to join Operation Celebration.
Sign up for the Pillsbury Operation Celebration newsletter to receive baking ideas!
Leave a Reply