One thing I love about breakfast recipes is that they don’t have to just be for breakfast! I’m a huge fan of breakfast for dinner so we get a lot of use out of breakfast ideas like this English Muffin French Toast recipe! (I’m also a huge fan of easy french toast so this one gets used quite often!)
We’re sharing this English Muffin French Toast recipe in partnership with Bays English Muffins.
ENGLISH MUFFIN FRENCH TOAST
When you think of Bays English Muffins, I’m sure breakfast comes to mind. But maybe you don’t think of easy french toast! And if you start thinking about English Muffins and french toast, dinner is probably nowhere in sight.
But an easy french toast recipe using Bays English Muffins is the perfect way to change up your usual breakfast for dinner routine! And if you don’t have a breakfast for dinner routine, it’s the perfect way to add one to your meal plans!
So while I love English Muffins with my scrambled eggs or slathered with butter and jelly, switching up our french toast is a fun way to use them!
Bays English Muffins can be used for so many different recipes like mini pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, garlic bread, and paninis!
You can top them with pretty much anything you can dream up and you have lots of options with four different varieties of Bays English Muffins available:
- Bays Original
- Cinnamon Raisin
Remember, you won’t find Bays English Muffins in the bread aisle though! They’re always in the REFRIGERATED DAIRY CASE NEXT TO THE EGGS AND MILK where they are chilled for freshness!
ENGLISH MUFFIN FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
To make this easy french toast, you need a few ingredients besides your Bays Original English Muffins. But I love that the ingredient list is made up of basic ingredients I often have on hand in my kitchen.
You’ll need milk and eggs along with sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and butter. You can also top the french toast with powdered sugar and syrup or any other french toast toppings that you love!
Then it’s pretty easy to whip up french toast in a new way!
English Muffin French Toast
- 4 BAYS Original English Muffins (split)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- Confectioners’ sugar for serving (if desired)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Place the English muffin halves in a baking pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Beat the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the English muffins, turning to coat. Let stand 20 minutes, turning once.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt half of the butter and add 4 muffin halves. Cook until the bottoms are lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the muffin halves over and cook until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes longer. Transfer the French toast to an ovenproof pan and hold in the preheated oven. Repeat with remaining muffin halves and butter.
- Lightly dust French toast with confectioners’ sugar and serve with warm maple syrup.
I think you’ll love English Muffin French Toast because it’s so tasty and also so easy to make. It works great when you need a quick breakfast but you also want it to feel and taste homemade!
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST STICKS
Another thing I love about this recipe is that it’s great for making into french toast sticks! I’m loving using Bays English Muffins for an even easier french toast sticks recipe!
All you have to do is cut the finish English muffins into strips and you’re ready to start dunking them! It’s a great weekend breakfast option for the family!
MORE EASY FRENCH TOAST RECIPES