Finding Dory hits theaters this weekend! I had a chance to get a sneak peek of the first 33 minutes last month when I was at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and almost cried when they cut us off! We’ve been counting down the days (and buying all the merchandise!) in anticipation. Weston has fallen in love with Hank so it was only fitting that we made this Finding Dory Hank the Octopus craft as we wait to see the movie this weekend!
Finding Dory Hank the Octopus Craft
As you might know, we love paper crafts around here. We also love paint and glue so we had a blast making this Finding Dory Hank the Octopus. You could also substitute a paper towel or toilet paper tube for the body but I had just tossed a bunch out so we used some card stock we had in our craft supplies!
I’ve included a few affiliate links in case you need to order any supplies! We appreciate your support!
What You Need:
- 2 pieces red or dark orange card stock
- Orange paint
- 2″ foam paint brush
- 2 plastic googly eyes
- Hot glue/hot glue gun (or white glue but it will take a bit to dry)
What You Do:
- Cut a 2″ horizontal piece off one of your pieces of card stock.
- Now cut your other piece of card stock horizontally in (7) 2″ strips.
- Round one end of all your strips with scissors.
- Carefully hot glue the two short sides of your rectangle piece of card stock together to make a cylinder.
- Cut your foam brush into a small 2″ circle, dab it into your orange paint, and dab onto your strips of paper from top to bottom, then let dry.
- Hot glue the painted strips into the bottom of your cylinder with the painted side facing out.
- Hot glue your plastic eyes onto the front of the cylinder.
- Now roll up each strip of paper starting at the bottom to the top and then release to curl your paper.
Although Hank from Finding Dory doesn’t have 8 legs, if you’re looking to make an octopus, it’s easy to cut one more strip and add the 8th leg. If you want to know what happened to Hank, be sure to see Finding Dory in theaters!
For even more Finding Dory fun, visit the Finding Dory website or connect on social media!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/findingdory
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/PixarFindingDory
- Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/disneystudios/finding-dory/
- Tumblr: http://disneypixar.tumblr.com