Fun things to do with your dog is sponsored by © Nature’s Recipe, LLC., all opinions are my own.
In case you didn’t know, pets are the heart of the family. Yes, it’s true. We are the heartbeat. The love. Around our house, our family wants me and Sebastian to be happy. Otherwise, we know how to let them know if we’re not happy.
But really, we’re lucky though because our family really cares about us and loves seeing us happily wagging our tails! So I’ll give them credit because they really are awesome!
30+ THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR DOG
Whether you’re looking for fun things to do with your dog at home or dog-friendly places to go, we’ve got a ton of ideas! Sebastian and I never feel left out of our family. I’m pretty sure they’d take us almost anywhere they go if they could. Carrigan has talked about us going on an airplane with her! I have to admit I’m not quite sure about that though!
DINNER TIME & TREATS
Of all the fun things to do with my family, my favorite time of day is dinner time or treat time. Around 2:00 in the afternoon, I usually start trying to convince Grambo that it’s dinnertime! She’s not easily swayed though sometimes she’ll give me a treat!
Once dinner rolls around, I’m fueled up and excited! You can count on my tail to be wagging while she gets out food bowls ready!
Lately, we’ve been enjoying Nature’s Recipe® Grain Free premium dog food from Walmart. As I’ve gotten older (I’m almost 10 years old), my vet has encouraged my family to look closer at the ingredients in my food. Nature’s Recipe is made with real lamb, chicken, or salmon as the first ingredient!
Look at what’s NOT in the grain free dry dog food:
- NO corn
- NO wheat
- NO soy
- NO poultry by-product meal
- NO artificial flavors and preservatives
The carbohydrate sources are nutrient dense ingredients like sweet potatoes and pumpkin. It’s a tasty natural dog food that has added vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to keep me playing all day long!
My favorite is Nature’s Recipe Grain Free Chicken. It’s the best grain free dry dog food that’s easy to digest and provides me with the nutrition I need to have enough energy to do all of the fun things with my family.
You can get your own Nature’s Recipe grain free dog food for your dog at Walmart. Visit walmart.com to see all of the varieties and find one your dog will love! I suggest you try the chicken first!
FUN THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR DOG
Some of our favorite things to do with our family are really pretty simple. I know I mostly like to just play with them and then curl up to whoever is on the couch for some love and cuddles. Sebastian sometimes can’t stop playing once he’s started but he’ll learn as he gets older.
Here are some of my favorite fun things to do with dogs. You don’t need a special reason to hang out with us! Just spending time with us will make it a great day!
- Play catch (Although Sebastian doesn’t like to bring the ball back so we always have to play with more than one ball.)
- Play frisbee
- Go on a walk
- Dance together (I love when my mom holds me while she dances and sings.)
- Play in the sprinkler or little pool
- Play tug-of-war with a rope bone or blanket (Mom would prefer we didn’t use the blankets.)
- Sit on the back deck in the sun
- Listen to music
- Get a massage (No spa for me, just my family giving me a nice rub down. They can pet me any time they like.)
- Read a book (I like to sit with the kids at night when they all read a book together.)
GAMES FOR DOGS TO PLAY
We love doing anything with our family, but games are definitely high on the list! The kids love playing them with us. These are some of the best games for dogs to play that we’ve tried!
- Catching Bubbles – My mom makes sure the bubbles won’t hurt our eyes or our mouths.
- Find the Treat – They’ll hide a treat under one of a collection of bowls or cups and mix them all around. Then we have to find the treat!
- Hide & Seek – I like to hide with one of the kids when we all play hide and seek together!
- Obstacle Course – They use things we have around the house to make an obstacle course. I don’t mind going under the chair or through the box, but I usually like to just watch Sebastian try out all the obstacles.
- Muffin Tin Treat Search – My family puts a treat or two in one of those pans they make cupcakes in. Then they stick a tennis ball in each hole and we have to figure out how to get to the treats!
In most areas, there are places to take your dog for some fun things to do. We have a lot of dog-friendly places around our house and I’m not just talking about the fire hydrant on the corner or the dog park.
Now the dog park is a fun place to go and we have a lot of new ones popping up around our community, but here are some of my other favorite dog-friendly places:
- Pet-friendly stores
- The lake or the beach
- Local national park
- Dog-friendly restaurants with patios
- Grammy’s house
- The drive-thru to get an afterschool snack
- Visit the Arboretum
- Dog day at the baseball field
- Outdoor concert
It’s easy to search for places to take your dog near you and make some plans! We love going exploring with our family even if it’s just to a new local park too!
TOYS TO KEEP DOGS BUSY
When it comes to finding things to do with your dog, toys are a huge hit with both of us. Sebastian loves any toy he can get his mouth on while I tend to have my favorite kinds.
Our favorite toys to keep dogs busy include:
- Red Hollow Rubber Toy with peanut butter inside (This is Sebastian’s all-time favorite.)
- Braided Rope Toys
- Activity Flip Board
- Anything that looks like a stuffed animal and has a squeaker
- Tennis balls
- Chew bones
Toys are great because they’re fun things to do with your dog no matter what the weather is like! Going outside is something I like to do every day but on the rainy days, playing with toys is a good way to get some energy out before I sleep the rest of the day!