Easter is right around the corner and I love decorating eggs! From the classic colored Easter eggs I remember making with my family as a kid to the amazing creative ideas in magazines and all over Pinterest, I just can’t get enough of them! I’m also a huge fan of all things stripes and polka dots so I’ve been wanting to make Glitter Polka Dot Easter Eggs for about two years now!
I love glitter and sparkles as well, so these are pretty much a given for me. To be honest they just scream Mariah and they are really easy to make! I’ve included a few affiliate links in case you need some of the supplies. Thanks for your support!
Glitter Polka Dot Easter Eggs
What you need:
- Hard Boiled Eggs (this could also be done with wooden or cardboard eggs)
- Large 3D Glue Dots (The 3D glue dots are the key to success because they are raised up off the egg and give the glitter a good surface to stick on.) (Buy them here!)
- Glitter in Assorted Colors (Buy it here!)
- Small Paint Brush
What You Do:
- Make sure that your eggs are completely dry. They will need to be room temperature for the glue dots to stick.
- Starting on one side of an egg, press glue dots onto the shell in a pattern around the entire egg.
- Sprinkle glitter onto a paper plate, and press each glue dot into the glitter until it is coated.
- Don’t roll the egg in the glitter, or the entire egg will be covered and you’ll have a hard time getting the excess glitter off.
- Continue around the entire egg, pressing the glue dots into the glitter. When finished, use the paint brush to brush away any excess glitter from the shell of the egg.
- Display eggs as desired!
And you can change the look with different colored glitter and by spacing the glue dots in different ways on the egg.