Grambo’s Bread Pudding Recipe with Raisins was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions are all my own
Getting ready for holiday feasting is one of my treasured traditions. Enjoying this time with my grandkids and teaching them the things I loved as a child make it a time of love and laughter. My bread pudding recipe with raisins and apples was always a comfort food my daughters had to have when they were growing up. That means it’s a recipe I had to continue with the grandkids!
Bread Pudding Recipe with Raisins and Apples
This year Weston happened to be with us when we were at Walmart shopping for all of our ingredients. He decided we needed to use his favorite KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Round Bread as the main ingredient. I think we discovered a new secret ingredient in my bread pudding recipe with raisins and apples.
If you want your house to be filled with the smells of the holiday season, just bake some bread pudding and we recommend using our recipe because it’s delicious!
What You Need:
- 4 cups soft bread cubes (be sure to use your KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Round Bread)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups peeled and cubed apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- !/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
What You Do:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with silicone liners
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add the apples and raisins and cook on low heat until apples are tender
- Add brown sugar and milk and cook 3-5 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl and pour saucepan mixture over them
- Toss bread cubes until they’re moist from the liquid.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Pour evenly over each muffin cup of bread.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set.
While the bread pudding is baking, we enjoy another family holiday tradition. We make turkey apples from the leftover apples and raisins and whatever else we can find in the pantry. Some of the creations we come up with have us laughing so hard we are crying!
The extra sweetness that the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Round Bread added this year made this the tastiest bread pudding I have ever made. So it’s definitely a tweak that I’ll be keeping in the recipe. Just proof that getting the kids in the kitchen is fun and can be a way to discover new recipes!
For more great holiday recipes like our bread pudding recipe with raisins, and ideas using KING’S HAWAIIAN® products, visit EVITE.com. Inspiring! Learning that KING’S HAWAIIAN® is not just a delicious side dish, but can become the most irresistible part of your holiday recipes is a great discovery.