I’ve mentioned before that I think special days on the calendar are great reasons to spend time with the kids doing crafts. That means Groundhog Day is a great reason to have some fun together! It happens to be my birthday too, so I have a bit of a soft spot for the day even if it’s silly. So here are a few fun Groundhog Day crafts to do together! Then you can check to see if he sees his shadow or not!
Groundhog Day Crafts for Kids
Some of these Groundhog Day crafts include our favorite craft materials like paper plates and paint! So you might have a lot of the supplies already in the house!
In case you need to stock up on some basics, we’ve got a few affiliate links for supplies you’ll need for these crafts.
- Groundhog Day Paper Plate Craft by Crafty Morning
- Groundhog Finger Puppet Craft by Still Playing School
- Paper Bag Groundhog by Glued to My Crafts
- Cupcake Liner Groundhog Day Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
- Groundhog Paper Plate Kids’ Craft by ABC Creative Learning
- Groundhog Day Pancakes by The Joys of Boys
- Groundhog Puppet by Inner Child Fun
- Groundhog Footprint Craft by The Educator’s Spin On It
- Groundhog Day Pom Pom and Cup Craft by The Joys of Boys
- Groundhog’s Day Treat by Inner Child Fun
- Peek-a-boo Groundhog Craft by Fun Handprint Art Blog
- Groundhog Felt Play Set by About Family Crafts
- Groundhog Masks by Crafty Moms Share
- Groundhog Rock by Green Owl Art
- Paper Plate Groundhog Face by Artsy Momma
And if you’re looking for books to read together, I pulled some affiliate links for a few of our favorites. We love Ten Grouchy Groundhogs and Groundhog Day! They are great to read together at the end of January and into February if you’re looking for new books to share with your kids!