Father’s Day is almost here and if you’re looking for a cute homemade gift idea, try making the Handprint Fathers Day Card that Weston made for Justin this year! With the free printable below, you can print it out and have a card ready in no time!
Handprint Fathers Day Card
You can really make this card with any color of paint that you like! So you can use red and blue like we did or you can use dad’s favorite colors! No matter what colors you use, it’s going to be cute when it’s done!
What You Need:
- 1 copy of the SuperHero Father’s Day Card printable
- Sheet of black construction paper
- Blue, red, and peach/apricot/brown paint
- Paint brush
- Paper Plates (makes clean up easier!)
- Black marker
What You Do:
- Print a copy of the SuperHero Father’s Day Card printable
- Put your blue paint on a paper plate and use a paint brush to brush paint on the bottom of their right foot. Have them step on the paper with their toes pointing towards the text at the bottom of the page. Then clean the foot before you get blue footprints all over the house! Paint a line on the left side of the footprint to be an arm later. Allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Put the red paint on a paper plate and then use the paint brush to paint the palm of your child’s left hand. Press hand to the paper to create the superhero cape. Then wash the hand before your child decorates more of the house! Let dry for a few minutes.
- Use peach, apricot, or brown paint to paint a circle for the head and a circle at the end of the blue line for a hand. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Use black marker to dry hair and a face on your superhero dad! You can also have your child sign the card if they are old enough!