Carrigan is starting to be interested in makeup even though I don’t wear much. So this homemade lip gloss kids love is a great option for us!
Easy Homemade Lip Gloss Kids Can Customize
Easy homemade lip gloss is so simple to make and doesn’t need many ingredients at all. Plus we love how with this homemade lip gloss kids can make almost any flavor they want to make!
The key to homemade lip gloss recipe is the flavor of drink mix your child chooses! In honor of summer, we’re making homemade lip gloss that reminds us of a cool glass of lemonade!
Homemade Lip Gloss Ingredients
The list of homemade lip gloss ingredients is pretty short. We’ve included some affiliate links in case you need to order any to make easy homemade lip gloss!
- 2 Tablespoons petroleum jelly
- 1 packet of Lemonade drink mix (or any flavor you want your homemade lip gloss recipe to be!)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Small clear lipgloss containers
- Craft stick for mixing
Making Homemade Lip Gloss Steps
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of petroleum jelly into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the petroleum jelly is liquefied (careful this will be very hot!)
- Mix in the packet of drink mix with a craft stick.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the small lip glass containers and set in the fridge for about ten minutes.
- To use: place a small amount on your pinky and rub onto your lips!
This is definitely a craft that kids have to do with help from parents or older siblings.
The petroleum jelly gets very hot in the microwave. The best thing to do is have your child scoop the petroleum jelly in the bowl and then help get the containers out of the refrigerator!
This homemade lip gloss recipe is so easy to make that we’ve made it just for fun. You can adjust how much lip gloss you make by using less petroleum jelly and less drink mix.
It’s homemade lip gloss kids love so that makes it perfect for things like birthday party favors or even a birthday party activity for older kids!
If you’re looking for more things to do with drink mix, check our fun ways to use Kool-Aid!