When it comes to party planning, I like things to be as easy as possible. Otherwise it can all get really stressful and that’s no fun. I’ve shared some of our easy beach party ideas and these Candy Crab Cupcakes are another easy cupcake option for a beach or ocean themed party! Check out how easy they are to make! I’ll share all of the ingredients you need to put together your own little crab toppers. Some links may be affiliates.
How to Make Candy Crab Cupcakes
Now you can break your favorite cupcake recipe and whip up a batch of cupcakes from scratch. Or you can get a box mix and save a bit of time. Even easier, order a dozen cupcakes with white buttercream frosting from your local bakery and bring them home to decorate!
What You Need:
- 1 package of candy eyes
- 1 bag of orange slices candy
- 1 bag of peach rings
- 1 bag of gum drops or spice drops (you want the small sized ones), orange only!
- Orange or White gel frosting
- 1 box of toothpicks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or graham cracker crumbs
What You Do:
- Cut the peach rings in half. You will need one peach ring for each cupcake.
- Attach the eyes to the flat side of the orange gum drops using the gel frosting. You will need two gum drops and two candy eyes for each cupcake.
- Cut a toothpick in half and stick in the side of each eye. You’ll need one toothpick per set of eyes.
- Set an orange slice so the flat side is up and attach the eyes by pushing the other end of the toothpick into the orange slice.
- Cut another tooth pick in half and put one in each half of the peach rings. The attach to the sides of the orange slice. Be sure that the peach ring is curving in toward the eyes and orange slice.
- Sprinkle the top of your cupcake with brown sugar or graham cracker crumbs and press your finished crab gently on to the top of the cupcake!