If you need some easy ways to cool off this summer, try these fun kids sprinkler games and activities!
The weather is heating up and summer will be here before we know it! For my kids, that means they want to play in the water whenever they can! Whether it’s the pool, splash pads or sprinkler toys, water is one of the best ways to keep them cool and keep them busy during the summer!
When we’re at home, I love getting out our kids sprinkler and letting them have a blast! We’ve got some fun ideas to spice up the sprinkler play!
Kids Sprinkler Games and Activities for Summer
We have a neighborhood pool but I’ll admit that sometimes it just seems like a hassle to get everything loaded up to drive over to it!
Then I have to manage both kids while one wants to go down the slide and one just wants to stay in the kiddie pool. It’s a lot easier to stay home and break out the kids water sprinkler to cool them off!
Kids Sprinkler Fun and Games
- Fill the Cup – In this simple activity every child has a cup and they do their best to fill it with water from the sprinkler first!
- Treasure Hunt – This is a great game if you have a sprinkler that covers a lot of your yard. You could also use multiple sprinklers. Spread water-safe toys (sponge balls, bath squirters, etc.) around the yard and have kids race to collect them.
- Alphabet Hunt in the Water Sprinkler – Use foam letters and your sprinkler to combine learning with a whole bunch of fun!
- Bike Wash – Use the sprinkler as part of a homemade “car” wash using kids bikes. Let them soap them up then ride them through the sprinkler!
- Water Slide – If you have a slide that is not too steep, you can use the kids sprinkler at the top of the slide to turn it into a homemade water slide.
- Trampoline Sprinkler Fun – If you have a trampoline in your yard, adding the sprinkler to the mix can make both even more fun.
- Sponge Relay – This water game is a fun one to do with or without a sprinkler. Place buckets or bowls on one side of the yard and give each child a sponge. Then race to see who can fill the container first with water from the sprinkler using only the sponges!
- Water Sprinkler Obstacle Course – Create your own obstacle course around the sprinkler. It could include things to jump over or crawl under. Tossing water balloons or sponges. Finding items in a bucket of water. Really any obstacle you can think of! Just make sure to set them all up where the sprinkler rains down!
- Dance Party – Play some favorite tunes and dance together under the spray of the sprinkler!
- Games with a Twist – Adding a sprinkler to the mix can make any everyday game even more fun. Try playing games like tag, catch, or even do the Hokey Pokey around the kids sprinkler!
Most days we just enjoy getting out our sprinkler and water toys for kids. But having some ways to make it a bit more interesting and change it up can be perfect for those long days in the middle of summer break.
Fun Water Sprinklers
If you need a new sprinkler, check out a few of our favorites from past summers! Each summer we seem to find a new favorite sprinkler but these are some of the best kids sprinklers that we’ve had!
For more things to keep the kids busy this summer, check out all of our summer activities for kids!