You have to try these cute easy Thanksgiving treats with your kids!
It’s November and you’ve made all the paper plate turkeys you can handle. But the kids still want to make turkey crafts! And they are asking you to make cookies even though it’s over a month until Christmas so what do you do?
Together you can make these fun Turkey brownie cups for a fun new take on turkey crafts that taste good when you’re finished making them!
They also work great as cute Thanksgiving desserts!
Cute Easy Thanksgiving Treats: Turkey Brownie Cups
I’ve mentioned that I have a bit of a soft spot for November and December because of the holidays!
I love a good excuse to make cute crafts and sweet treats. Cute thanksgiving treat ideas give us the perfect reason to spend some time in the kitchen together!
So these cute easy Thanksgiving treats just warm my heart! Check out how fun it is to make turkey brownie cups and if you need to order any supplies, I’ve included some affiliate links!
Did I mention that they’re tasty too?
Cute Easy Thanksgiving Treats Ingredients
We keep it simple and use a box mix for our brownies. Carrigan loves making brownies. But you can always whip some up from scratch!
Here is a recipe if you need one!
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 heaping cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla
- A sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs butter or shortening for pan
- Mini muffin pan
You can also use a box mix if you don’t want to make your brownies from scratch!
This is what we usually do! It’s true!
Hamilton Beach Set of 2 Mini Muffin PansWilton Orange Candy Melts, 12-OunceBrach’s Candy Corn 11 oz bagWilton Candy Eyeballs
For the Toppings
- 6oz of orange Wilton candy melts
- Pastel candy corn (you can use regular candy corn too and they are just as cute!)
- Candy eyes
- Candy corn for beak
- Red candy bones broken in half for waddle (you can also use cinnamon imperials or draw a waddle with red gel icing)
How to Make Cute Thanksgiving Treats
If you’re using a box mix for your brownies, prepare according to the directions on the packaging.
If you’re making them from scratch, follow these directions:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the mini muffin pan.
- Melt butter on the stove until it reaches a boil then remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar until well mixed then add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix with hand mixer until the batter reaches a creamy texture.
- Fill mini muffin cups 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 18 minutes then remove from oven.
- Allow brownie cups to cool completely.
How to Decorate Your Cute Thanksgiving Desserts
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, heat candy melts in the microwave on medium heat for 2-3 minutes at 30 second intervals. Stir between each interval until completely melted.
- Pour orange candy melts in a decorating bag then clip the tip off (you can also use a zippered sandwich bag and clip the corner off).
- Frost the top of brownies with melted orange candy melts.
- While still soft, press down about 5 pieces of candy corn onto each frosted brownie cup.
- Break the bottoms off orange candy corns to use as beaks, then press into the frosted brownies.
- Add candy eyes.
- Add 1/2 a red candy bone to each turkey for the waddle.
And then you can enjoy your cute easy thanksgiving treats together! They would be so cute as part of the Thanksgiving dessert spread!
We love how cute these are and anyone we share them with always has great things to say about them!
If you’re looking for other cute Thanksgiving activities to do with your kids, check out all of our Thanksgiving Turkey Crafts!
We’ve also got some books we love to read this time of year!
The Night Before ThanksgivingThe Story of the Pilgrims (Pictureback(R))‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving (Bookshelf)Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving
These little thanksgiving treat turkeys turned out so cute. I love the pastel candy corns. Thank you for sharing at Classy Flamingos.
Lois Christensen says
These are so adorable! Thank you for joining our Delicious Dishes Recipe Party! Hope to see you again this coming week.
These are so darn cute, and I bet they’re delicious too :)