My sweet tooth has taken control over me thanks to come chocolate I got in the mail this week so I have desserts on the brain! This weeks Sweet Saturday recipe comes from one of my fabulous followers, Susie of SusieQTpies Scraps of Life!
*no bake* Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls
(photo credit: Love and Olive Oil)
1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
2 T. vanilla
2 T. warm water
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 pkg. melting chocolate (I use almond bark dipping chocolate)
Cream sugar and butter until smooth. Add in vanilla and water and give it a quick mix. Pour in the flour and chocolate chips and stir until just mixed. IF you think your dough is a tad dry, add in a little more vanilla or water. After several tries this is the amount that worked for me.
If you want even size balls, then use a small cookie scoop and put out on a tray that will fit in your fridge or freezer. You can drop the cookies from the scoop onto the try or you can roll them into a ball. Up to you. If I’m in a hurry to dip these in the chocolate (oh and leave some plain!) I will toss in the freezer for an hour. If you don’t have freezer space then put in the fridge for and hour or so.
About 20 min. before dipping, get your chocolate melted. I use a small electric melting pot which I think works best. IF you don’t have that, then melt it in a glass bowl in your microwave. If you do this method then you only need to prepare it about 10 min. before you plan on dipping.
I haven’t tried it yet but you could use MAGIC SHELL for ice cream on these. I don’t use that because it is expensive BUT it would work. You could just use it to drizzle over the balls.
I use the two toothpick method. I stick one toothpick in the ball, dip, place on aluminum foil tray and use the second toothpick to put the ball off of the toothpick. The top will look a tad messy so use one of the toothpicks, dipped in a little chocolate to smooth it over or add some sprinkles on the top to cover it up! These dry fast so work fast! It helps to have a helper but not necessary!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls Recipe
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 2 T. vanilla
- 2 T. warm water
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 pkg. melting chocolate (I use almond bark dipping chocolate)
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and water and give it a quick mix.
- Pour in the flour and chocolate chips and stir until just mixed. If you think your dough is a tad dry, add in a little more vanilla or water.
- Use a small cookie scoop and put out on a tray that will fit in your fridge or freezer.
- About 20 minutes before dipping, melt your chocolate.
- Dip chilled balls in chocolate, set on wax paper to cool, and sprinkle with sprinkles before they cool completely.
Once dry they will no longer be shiny! Eat up! This batch made 50 balls and will differ depending on the size you use.