March 2nd marks the birthday of Dr. Seuss and as a former teacher who loved celebrating, I’m a mom who loves it too! This One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activity is a tasty way to celebrate!
One of our favorite Dr. Suess books is One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, and there are so many fun things to do with the book, including our easy marshmallow pops!
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activity
First of all, if you don’t have a copy of One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish then you need to use our affiliate link to order one now! It’s one of our absolute favorite books.
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Seriously, if you haven’t shared this book with your kids — do it! You won’t regret it! Well, you might end up reading it hundreds of times and then have to make a ton of Dr. Seuss Snack ideas — but you won’t regret it!
After you’ve read the book together, you’ll be ready to make this One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activity. It’s not an activity the kids can do completely alone. They will need a bit of help so it’s a great thing to do together as a family!
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activity Ingredients
- Large Marshmallows
- Lollipop Sticks
- Blue Candy Melts
- Multi Colored Fish Crackers
Lollipop sticks 100 count 6 inchPepperidge Farm Goldfish, ColorsWilton Blue Candy Melts
How to Make One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activity Marshmallow Pops
- Stick a lollipop stick through a marshmallow for each pop you’ll be making.
- Melt the blue candy melts according to package directions. (You can also use white chocolate or vanilla almond bark and gel food coloring to create blue chocolate.)
- Dip each marshmallow in the candy melts until fully coated then tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess. Allow to harden.
- Meanwhile, separate the goldfish by color. Place some of the lighter orange fish in a ziplock bag and crush.
- Paint a line of blue candy melts along the bottom of a marshmallow (I used a spoon to do this) and sprinkle crushed goldfish along it to make it look like sand.
- Use a toothpick to add a dab of blue candy melts to the back of different colored goldfish and affix two of them to the front of each marshmallow pop.
- Place upright in a piece of foam to allow to harden completely.
Just a warning that reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish might lead to your kids wanting to read more Dr. Seuss books and make more Dr Seuss Day snacks! (For Weston, it also leads to wanting to read more books about fish!)
If you’re looking for more Dr Seuss Snacks Kids love, check out our Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Pops!
Click the photo below to PIN One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Marshmallow Pops for later!
Manhattan Toy Dr. Seuss One Fish Bowl Baby Activity ToyDr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Floor PuzzleThe Little Blue Box of Bright and Early Board Books by Dr. SeussTrend Lab Dr. Seuss Wall Clock, One Fish Two Fish Room Decor
Oh gosh these are too adorable!